Premium Subscription & Ad's

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmbstn

Premium Subscriber
As a premium subscriber I understood (and I may be wrong) that my RR pages would be ad free. I have just noticed a spike in the amount of adversments of late, hence the reason for my question. Thank-you in advance. ~ Jeremy :)

kma371

QRT
Re: Premium Subscription & Ad's

I've noticed the same thing. I keep seeing Google ads.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
This may be a browser specific issue. I see none using Safari v 6.0.2 on my MacBook Pro (OS X 10.8.2).

kma371

QRT

If you are logged into your account that has an active premium subscription - you should not be seeing any Google ads.

can you PM your email and I'll send you screen shot.

I am using Google Chrome

Last edited:

VE3CRO

Premium Subscriber
I am using a variety of browsers and not seeing any ads except that Scanner Master that is ALWAYS at the top of the page.

tmbstn

Premium Subscriber
I'm using Chrome and I see no ads.

As I look at this thread alone everything looks fine other then the caption "Sponsered Links" and ad's for e-bay, dental surgery, and law enforcement education. I have only noticed the increase in ad's over the last number of weeks.

bear780ks

If you are logged into your account that has an active premium subscription - you should not be seeing any Google ads.

@Lindsay:

This is something i'm having trouble understanding as well and was wondering what is up weather i'm logged in or not. I'm not a premium subscriber as of yet! but i'm working on that.. but as someone that has been on Forums before and the Verizon Wireless forum for which i'v been on for 3 years and a Senior contributor i never once seen any ad's of any kind like the one's that are showing up here on this Forum!

Now i understand to sell scanners and such there has to be some advertisement from like: Scanner Master, Universal Radio, ones like that but to me that should be kept in a part of the site that strays away from Forum.

On the Verizon site it has everything that deals with there phones there plans and so on. But as for the Forum the only thing we deal with there is Forums Related issues.. that's it.

I hope what ever is causing the increased adds calms down some or goes away! because it at times can be very distracting And this is a Great Site to come too for help and assistance on all scanner related issues..

Thanks for your time Ra..

Last edited:

lep

I am using IE9 and not seeing the ads other than ScannerMaster.

VE3CRO

Premium Subscriber
I think part of the problem some are experiencing has to do with the "remember me" option at login. I have chosen that option. When I leave the site and come back the "Welcome, VE3CRO" message at the top right appears. Giving the impression you are still logged in however ads start appearing. If I re-login they disappear.

tmbstn

Premium Subscriber
I think part of the problem some are experiencing has to do with the "remember me" option at login. I have chosen that option. When I leave the site and come back the "Welcome, VE3CRO" message at the top right appears. Giving the impression you are still logged in however ads start appearing. If I re-login they disappear.

Great catch!! I must admit I do have a habbit of not logging off the site. I logged off and then back on, Once I reached the Forums I opened Forums Home and went over to "Welcome" and input my name and password again. No more ad's! I have never been one to have my login name & password remembered. I don't mind re-entering my info as loong as the ad's stop. Thank-you to all! ;)

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014

Great catch!! I must admit I do have a habbit of not logging off the site. I logged off and then back on, Once I reached the Forums I opened Forums Home and went over to "Welcome" and input my name and password again. No more ad's! I have never been one to have my login name & password remembered. I don't mind re-entering my info as loong as the ad's stop. Thank-you to all! ;)

Hmm, although this may be tied to it, it cannot be the entire story. I almost never newly log in when coming to the site. Only having to do it if I reset my browser or the site itself does some sort of reset. I never see the ads (well other than Scanner Master up at the top), so there must be something else afoot.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Hmm, although this may be tied to it, it cannot be the entire story. I almost never newly log in when coming to the site. Only having to do it if I reset my browser or the site itself does some sort of reset. I never see the ads (well other than Scanner Master up at the top), so there must be something else afoot.

On a slight digression: My logins eventually expire on the site, forums, wiki, Mantis, etc., and on other forums and sites, despite "remember me" being checked. I also tend to log in from a number of different computers and locations (at home with either of two machines depending on where in the house I am, and at work, it could be from any of about 25 different computers). I might get a couple of days or a couple of weeks where the site(s) remember my login state, but ultimately, I'll be logged out one day. I've given up grieving over it and chalk it up to a quirk of the way cookies work. (But as far as I'm concerned, if a cookie is stored that indicates I should remain logged in on a site, then I should remain logged in - but as above that's very often not the case.)

kma371

QRT

well I logged out. re logged in with remember me option checked and still having the issue so I don't think that's it.

tmbstn

Premium Subscriber
well I logged out. re logged in with remember me option checked and still having the issue so I don't think that's it.

Try doing the above however DO NOT check the "Remember Me* option. I have done this and all ad's have disappeared. To be honest I don't know how or why but it just works and that is fine with me. Thanks to all! :)

RomeRon

Isn't there two places to log in, the one at the top of the page and one where your PM's are?
I remember one time I saw where I was logged in at the one for my PM's and thought I was logged it to the forum to, but was not, so I logged into using the one at the top and the adds went away.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
In your image, the top login is the for the RadioReference main site. The Forums login is the one on the right under the main menu and above the forum's menu.

Additionally, there are separate login's for the RR Wiki and the Classified sections.

Status
Not open for further replies.