Paypal issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
Anyone else seeing this? I have to upgrade my membership because I turned off my Broadcastify feed. I go through the process, but then it won't let me upgrade without creating a Paypal account, which is absolutely not going to happen. What changed?

Dog

I used paypal without signing in 3 days ago (12-7-16) to upgrade my membership.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Why don't you use the available option to send in a check by mail for Premium membership?

Radioman77

Premium Subscriber
I didn't think of that. My subscription runs out in 3 days. I tried to pay with a credit card and it had a problem, as I at one time had a paypal acct. I thought I had canceled it. So I don't have the password or security question answer. I will send out a check today. J

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
The idea was to quickly upgrade so I could look up some frequencies...fortunately a guy at work is a premium member and he got it done.
Plus, I shouldn't have to use the Wayback Machine to make a payment.

Why don't you use the available option to send in a check by mail for Premium membership?

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
Whatever was wrong, they fixed it. I was just able to upgrade without being forced to join PayPal...

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sorry for the delayed response folks - I just came across this thread.

I think Paypal had a problem for a few days in late December 2016 - they've since fixed the issue. You do not need a Paypal account to pay for a premium subscription.

Thanks for your patience.

Redneck0410

Sorry for the delayed response folks - I just came across this thread.

I think Paypal had a problem for a few days in late December 2016 - they've since fixed the issue. You do not need a Paypal account to pay for a premium subscription.

Thanks for your patience.
Thanks for the info, Lindsay.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

QDP2012

ScannerMaster might be an option

Anyone else seeing this? I have to upgrade my membership because I turned off my Broadcastify feed. I go through the process, but then it won't let me upgrade without creating a Paypal account, which is absolutely not going to happen. What changed?

Since I too refuse to use PayPal, I was going to recommend that you simply buy your premium membership via ScannerMaster, which allows credit card purchases. But, for some reason, both the 180-day and 360-day subscriptions are shown as "out of stock". A few days ago, the 180-day subscription was available, even though the 360-day subscription was "out of stock" at that time too.
Maybe the above items will be replenished soon.

Hope this helps,

(PS: Disclaimer - I have no relation with ScannerMaster other than being a customer who dislikes PayPal.)

Last edited:

elrod

I just renewed my subscription using paypal on Wednesday with no problem. My subscription was set to expire the next day and was applied immediately.
Don't know if this is the right place to add this, if not I apologize, but I never received an email notifying me of subscription nearing expiration. I checked my acct. and email address is correct. I think others may be having the same problem. Just saying.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Folks,

You don't have to have a Paypal account to purchase a premium subscription. They are simply our credit card processor.

The vast majority of people who are premium subscribers paid, with their credit card, without a paypal account.

hiwired

Premium Subscriber
Paid again for 180 days so now that's 30.00 for 180 days it went through I now have premium. Filed a claim with PayPal on first charge as I'm not getting and support reply's from rr

QDP2012

Folks,

You don't have to have a Paypal account to purchase a premium subscription. They are simply our credit card processor.

The vast majority of people who are premium subscribers paid, with their credit card, without a paypal account.

Thanks for clarifying the above points. But, given some problems that some relatives have experienced with PayPal, I don't want PayPal to have access to any of my information ever.

One opinion,

nawem

Premium Subscriber
Can't upgrade subscription!!!

Attempting to renew my premium subscription, but system will only accept Paypal. Tried a debit card and two valid credit cards without success. Had to fill out all the cc information on one page, then bounced to another page to enter it all over again! What's with that. Why are you trying to force me to use PP? Yes I have PP, but I prefer to use a credit or debit card. Why have choices - if they don't work.
System also showed me as 'logged in', but had to log in again to post in this forum!!

nawem

Premium Subscriber
Finally worked - sort of!

Decided to try again for my premium subscription update. My US debit card was rejected, though I use it almost daily with no problems. Next I tried Mastercard, but was informed that I could not use the card that was 'in my Paypal wallet' or something like that! Next I tried my Visa card. It did not get rejected, but then I was sent to a page where I had to re-enter all the card information and my address, phone #, and e-mail address - for a second time. It went through successfully this time.

Not sure why this has to be so difficult!

Attempting to renew my premium subscription, but system will only accept Paypal. Tried a debit card and two valid credit cards without success. Had to fill out all the cc information on one page, then bounced to another page to enter it all over again! What's with that. Why are you trying to force me to use PP? Yes I have PP, but I prefer to use a credit or debit card. Why have choices - if they don't work.
System also showed me as 'logged in', but had to log in again to post in this forum!!

Status
Not open for further replies.