Need Help Registering

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ88

I received an email from someone who is having no success at registering on RR, asking if there is anyway I can help. The text of the email is posted below and if there is any way anyone on the administrative staff could help him, it would be greatly appreciated.

"The problem seems to be every time I register and I've tried a number of times from different computers it goes fine and says the registration was successful, and that I will get a conformation email with a link to click. I never get this email. So every time I try and sign I still don't exist and its like I never registered. I found a help page last week allows you to contact someone but have never heard back. I don't know if this just a problem with me or a larger problem others might be having as well. I couldn't even do a pay membership because you need a name and password.. But if you can forward this to someone that might help that would be great. again thanks sorry about asking. (might have to change my sign on to espncommentatorwallace but it still doesn't seem right.....)"

jim202

The only problem that comes to mind is that he is not inputting a valid email
address for the link to be sent to. Bad address translates into no message
to join the forums and database.

Jim

kicktd

Make sure they check the place where their email puts SPAM as sometimes these messages will get placed as spam when they are not. Also make sure they don't have it set to automatically delete spam.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
DJ88 said:
it goes fine and says the registration was successful, and that I will get a conformation email with a link to click.

I have never once got an email from RR where I had to click a link to confirm my payment or activate my account.

edit: I guess I should have explained that a little better. I have never HAD to confirm my payment by clicking on an email link. All I get in my email is a receipt for my paypal payment and a thank you email from Lindsay. Maybe is has to do with the payment method?

Last edited:

rusty2

Thanks for the all the Help

I am the dummy who couldn't complet the reg. process...my email was auto deleting the link as spam. I made a generic yahoo email and had no trouble thanks to all.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Dubbin said:
I have never once got an email from RR where I had to click a link to confirm my payment or activate my account.

edit: I guess I should have explained that a little better. I have never HAD to confirm my payment by clicking on an email link. All I get in my email is a receipt for my paypal payment and a thank you email from Lindsay. Maybe is has to do with the payment method?
He wasn't referring to payment or being a subscriber, he was referring to joining. And you certainly did have to click a link when you joined or you would not be "Dubbin", but rather "Guest". :D

Dubbin

Feed Provider
loumaag said:
He wasn't referring to payment or being a subscriber, he was referring to joining. And you certainly did have to click a link when you joined or you would not be "Dubbin", but rather "Guest". :D

doh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.