Database Update Alert Feature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4JNW

This may already exist... If it does, please pardon my request..

I'd like to see some osrt of thing that will alert you, via PM, or via email, that your State has an updated listing in the Radio Reference Database.

Sometimes I go a few days without showing up, and I'm sure I've missed an update or two in the Kentucky part of the database. Some of us, like myself, are just nitpicky and HAVE to be on top of the latest frequency changes and additions.

Is this possible? Does it already exist?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
KG4LJF said:
This may already exist... If it does, please pardon my request..

I'd like to see some osrt of thing that will alert you, via PM, or via email, that your State has an updated listing in the Radio Reference Database.

Sometimes I go a few days without showing up, and I'm sure I've missed an update or two in the Kentucky part of the database. Some of us, like myself, are just nitpicky and HAVE to be on top of the latest frequency changes and additions.

Is this possible? Does it already exist?

If you're a subscriber, you can set watches on counties and trunked systems so that on the main page of RR you see the systems that you are interested in and the last date that they were updated.

Example below - although it's better described in the Wiki - http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/MyRR

Mike

Attachments

• myrr.JPG
    myrr.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:

Dubbin

Feed Provider
This very same thing was brought up a few weeks back (maybe a little longer). Unless I missed it, I don't think there was ever an answer to it . Search around a little bit and maybe you will find it.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
From what I've seen before you can (a) subscribe to threads or forums and have the system email you when those are updated and (b) become a premium member and have MyRR to display updates to sites/systems on the front page. I haven't seen anything that eludes to the fact that you can be sent an email or PM when something you are monitoring in the RRDB has been updated.

Mike

Dubbin

Feed Provider
mtindor said:
I haven't seen anything that eludes to the fact that you can be sent an email or PM when something you are monitoring in the RRDB has been updated.

Thats because RR doesn't do it ;)

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Folks,

Database alerts via email are being worked on for the 3.0 release.

Because of the amount of changes and updates, expect the 3.0 release sometime in early spring. We have a LOT of features and fuctionality to release.

Thanks!

-Lb

N4JNW

blantonl said:
Folks,

Database alerts via email are being worked on for the 3.0 release.

Because of the amount of changes and updates, expect the 3.0 release sometime in early spring. We have a LOT of features and fuctionality to release.

Thanks!

-Lb

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.