Marketplace selling rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryangassxx

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I think there should be a rule regarding ebay listings. I don't know about anyone else but I get sort of annoyed when I click on a listing in the for sale forum only to find a link to an ebay auction inside. I don't think this should be allowed. Or at the very least these listings should go into a seperate "ebay listings" sticky or something.

I think it would also be ok to post a "before ebay" listing stating that the item is being offered here first for a certain time before it gets put onto ebay. Then after said time the link to the auction could be posted..

The main problem I have with it is the fact that the item is technically not being offered for sale to radio reference marketplace users. In order to purchase the item you'd have to participate in an external auction. It would also not even be possible to make offers via the market place because if the auction is active, it would be against ebay rules to snub the ebay bidders in favor of an external offer.

I mean we all know about ebay and how it works.. If we wanted to buy a radio from ebay we could buy a radio from ebay. I think ebay and the market place should be kept seperate.

Also I should note that nearly every forum type marketplace I use incorporates some type of ebay rule..

Grog

Banned
An easy rule would be to post "FS" if it's a real sale, or "FA" if it's an auction.

It's what I would do, but so many fail to see that logic.

wvd1979

I see your points. I never really saw the point of posting Ebay links on the sale forum. I mean, if somebody wants to offer an item for sale to RR members they should do so and give them a chance. If they want to have an online auction via Ebay, then just do that. Chances are if I'm looking for Radio XYZ, then I have already searched on Ebay for it.

The FS/FA idea would work well IMO.

JnglMassiv

This annoys me, too. I don't mind seeing someone's ebay link but I want to know if it's an auction before I open the thread. "Internet etiquette", if there is such a thing, calls for an indication of an auction sale in the subject line or thread title. Grog mentioned the FA prefix which I feel is 100% appropriate.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
Just another thing for the mods to keep an eye on. Really they are not hurting a thing and its not that hard to hit the back button.

Grog

Banned
There are still people on dialup, so it is a pain, especially when there are pictures attached.

All we ask for is a two simple letters, that's all.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I updated the rules for the forum - let them settle in and I'll get the moderators to start keeping an eye on this ... remember, they will be keeping an eye on this, at this point not enforcing every single posting...

Grog

Banned
Someone actually thought I had a good idea?

This is truely a sign of the end of the world:lol:

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
So then what... a double post? If someone wants to sell a radio here then it doesn't sell here and they put it on Ebay, it's too late to go back and edit the heading, from FS to FA, so would you have to relist it? This doesn't solve anything.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
The FA and FS convention has been around for years, esp. on the Usenet. I always use them to set expectations up front.

Also, I don't distinguish between radioreference.com buyers and eBay buyers. They're all potential buyers. I am looking for the most coverage for my item, so that's why I post an eBay listing here. And the Usenet.

We live in an eBay world, so no one should be taken aback if they occasionally run across an auction on the For Sale forum. Note it, and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.