loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
landonjensen said:
maybe there should be a list?

Yeah it'd be kind of nice at times to see who belongs to where or if more than one person is covering a state or area.

They could just put something on each of the state's pages that they help with I suppose if they feel a list is too much work. Or if making a list would be easier I'd be willing to help.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
These are good ideas. I wonder if along with a list an link would do. Like a "Contact The DB Admin" tab on the State/County pages or something of that nature.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
That'd work as well. I noticed that one some it would list if they had an email or not or a link to their PM.

mciupa

Tech2 said:
I did not see a moderator for New York, Western NY that is.

Well , I went to the New York Radio Discussion Forum , and at the bottom of the page it states : Moderators: 1 lou maag

So the honorable member from Amarillo is the man to contact. :wink:

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
I thought they were looking for admins to the database and not necessarily to the forums.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
NeFire242 said:
I thought they were looking for admins to the database and not necessarily to the forums.
I don't know that "they" are looking for either. There is one regional DB Admin for New York (also helps in NJ) and several Global Admins that keep NY updated. As for moderating, well the New Yorkers are not nearly as rambunctious as some other state forums, so I am not pressed too hard keeping up. :wink:

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Loumaag is always online I think. =)
He surely gets an award for most dedicated hours.

I'd like to know how he does it. Log on and off every few hours and click the "New Posts" link or open each forum he moderates in a tab on Firefox and does it that way...?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
NeFire242 said:
Loumaag is always online I think. =)
He surely gets an award for most dedicated hours.

I'd like to know how he does it. Log on and off every few hours and click the "New Posts" link or open each forum he moderates in a tab on Firefox and does it that way...?
:lol:
Actually none of the above. I subscribe to all threads that I post in and also subscribe to certain forums that I consider necessary to stay on top of things. Then generally I just get on the computer once a day and go for it. Lately (due to family illness problems) I have not been on as much, but no, I don't normally stay on the computer all the time.
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.