Just a suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed that in the database, many times frequencies are listed that are just copied from the FCC files without any real confirmation that the frequency is in use! The FCC files list,at least, thousands of frequencies that are either not used at all, or very rarely used, or may or may not be used in some distant future. Now, my suggestion is that maybe a column could be introduced that would indicate(maybe with a checkmark) whether activity has been monitored on such and such frequency lately(like within the last 6 months or year).In the municipality where I'm currently at, for example, the database lists police frequencies that I have NEVER heard used,not even during local "emergencies", even though I have those frequencies taking up very important space in my scanners memory! I hate like heck to submit to the database a report saying they are not in use just in case they ARE rarely used. For that reason, a checkmark system, or something similar, might help give the database user a better idea of whether or not a certain frequency is active in such and such an area. Just a thought!

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Richard,

My policy for the db admins is to only include verified information - not unverified FCC information. Please let me know what areas you are seeing this information so that the admin team may address this.

Thanks.

Lindsay

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
If there are freqs in your are no longer in use you should submit them just as you would a new freq and ask that it be removed since it is no longer valid or in use. This will help to clear it up and keep all the info current.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
NeFire242 said:
If there are freqs in your are no longer in use you should submit them just as you would a new freq and ask that it be removed since it is no longer valid or in use. This will help to clear it up and keep all the info current.

That's where we get problems. Just because you don't hear it, does not mean it's not being used. There was a freq I've not heard used in years, one day they are using it on simplex (with HTs) for radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.