Attn Lindsay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
User 'omeclee' can probably be wiped off the user list; account being used to spam cell phone ads across the site.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
This may not get seen unless you do the Report A Post thing....
The triangle thing in the upper right corner of each post in a thread.
Good effort.

Jay911

Feed Provider
bwhite said:
This may not get seen unless you do the Report A Post thing....
The triangle thing in the upper right corner of each post in a thread.
Good effort.

I am the moderator for that forum... and am quite familiar with the Report A Post thing... as it was used 3x by various users to complain about the member I mentioned. If I clicked Report A Post, it would send me the complaint ... which is not the desired outcome. :)

Dubbin

Feed Provider
Jay said:
I am the moderator for that forum... and am quite familiar with the Report A Post thing... as it was used 3x by various users to complain about the member I mentioned. If I clicked Report A Post, it would send me the complaint ... which is not the desired outcome. :)

One would think that you would know better to send Lindsay a PM or email and he would see it faster then in this thread :lol: ;)

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
bwhite said:
Don't get flustered Jay, we mere mortals figured you had a more direct connect to Lindsay.
:lol:
I'll bet Jay forgot what forum he was in.
:lol:

Jay911

Feed Provider
Perhaps there is/isn't a better way of communicating with Lindsay, but the normal path wasn't available for me at the time I posted that message. (Somehow over the course of time I'd been dropped from the moderators group, which revoked my access to the Forums Moderators forum - which has now been corrected.) Posting in the DB Admin forum would not have been correct, as this was not a DB issue, it was a forums issue. Reporting the post would not have been useful, as it would have simply sent a notification to me that I was unhappy with the content of the thread - same as the three other people who clicked "report this post" to land three messages in my email inbox that morning.

In an effort to ensure that the public knew that someone was taking action against it - since I didn't see people from any of the other forums reacting to this spammer - I posted this in the public "Administration and help" forum. I know it's not a rock-solid guarantee that Lindsay would see the post, but even if he didn't, ultimately someone from one of the other forums would have contacted him in some fashion. I didn't think it was that big of a deal, since I had already locked/closed the thread in question.. the "threat" posed was long past and getting Lindsay to nuke the account would just be housekeeping after the fact.

CVPI4Ever

wayne_h said:
It's correct. So something is goofed up on your end.
Right, he has it correct here. Everytime I send something to that email, it gets kicked back.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I agree, this serves no further purpose.

The Webmaster address is correct as published, if it doesn't work for you that is a problem at your end.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.