where are citizen frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgg505

Trying to program a bc246t using arc 246. I can't find frs, cb,murs etc. in downloadable form in radioreference. Are they there?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
They are not downloadable if you mean via the web service. I am not sure we have any common frequencies that are downloadable by the Web Service. Just as a point of reference, I think those come pre-programmed in your radio.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
The do, at least in the scanners I have, and you go into their SEARCH mode. However, I programmed them into a bank in my 396 so I could have more control over them.

jgg505

re: where are citizen frequencies

Thx a million for the suggestions, Great forum and great members!

benjaminfs733

I also would really enjoy the common freq.'s listed, both military, fed, and personal in the data base so I could down load them and program them how I want in my scanners. And to echo above this forum and site is fantastic.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
benjaminfs733 said:
I also would really enjoy the common freq.'s listed, both military, fed, and personal in the data base so I could down load them and program them how I want in my scanners. And to echo above this forum and site is fantastic.
I don't think that those "common" frequencies will make it to the DB. This was discussed in the beginning of the site and since there is no "National" or "World Wide" page, it was decided to make them static, first on the site and then moved to the Wiki when it got going. I would suggest you bite the bullet and just make up what you want on your own.

Don_Burke

I have a bank with FRS, GMRS, MURS, "local control" and some other common frequencies in it.

If I come up to a construction site or industrial park, there is a strong chance I will find something going on on one of those.

Would it be practical to have such a list on the site? I suppose there are about 50-100 frequencies that are worth checking anywhere in the country,

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Don_Burke said:
I have a bank with FRS, GMRS, MURS, "local control" and some other common frequencies in it.

If I come up to a construction site or industrial park, there is a strong chance I will find something going on on one of those.

Would it be practical to have such a list on the site? I suppose there are about 50-100 frequencies that are worth checking anywhere in the country,
I guess you missed this earlier, see this link:
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Common_Frequencies#United_States

Don_Burke

Status
Not open for further replies.