Way to clear new messages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radio1114

Is there a way to clear new messages in the For Sale forums and Wanted forums. It seems the only way I can get rid of the little yellow envelope is to click on all the ones that I have not read and then go back out and back in. Then they clear. But this takes so long to do. Is there a way to clear the envelopes all at once rather than to have to go and look at each one seperatly. Thanks

RolnCode3

Since I couldn't delete the message I began, I had to *edit* NVM (nevermind).

What I WAS going to say, is that I go thru, read everything I want, close the browser. Wait a little while, reopen browser, and it usually works. Sometimes doesn't take much time at all.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
When you click on the thread and then hit the back button will cause that problem. What you need to do is click on the thread, read it then scroll back to the top and hit the Equipment For Sale link again. That will mark the thread as read. I have complained about this and not having the links at the bottom of the forum every since the forum was changed back in 05. Hopefully Lindsay gets it right this time when he updates things here soon.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Dubbin said:
...read it then scroll back to the top and hit the Equipment For Sale link again...
While I agree with your desire to have that link at the bottom (again), I will remind you (as I have in the past :wink: ) and let others know that the HOME key works faster than scrolling.

JoeyC

Dubbin said:
Hopefully Lindsay gets it right this time when he updates things here soon.

I imagine if LB was the author of vBulletin he might be able to do something about that. unless its a setup option. :roll:

loumaag said:
While I agree with your desire to have that link at the bottom (again), I will remind you (as I have in the past ) and let others know that the HOME key works faster than scrolling.

Some people cannot walk and chew gum simultaneously.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
JoeyC said:
I imagine if LB was the author of vBulletin he might be able to do something about that. unless its a setup option. :roll:

And as I have said before there are many vbulletin forums that do not have that problem :roll:

Lou, its just the point that we have to make an extra step. Before the last update we had the links at the bottom. I just don't understand why a simple request for the links to come back was never granted (its not a difficult fix).

Like I said, maybe Linsay will have all this corrected in the update. If not then we will just have to live with it.

flyingwolf

Old School
Or you could simply use a browser that wont cache your pages?

I have Firefox set to not cache pages on the RR domain.
Because of this I can hit back and it reloads the page, but not from cache, so I get a fresh page each time.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
Good idea FW!!!

edit: Where in FF are you making this change? I'm looking but not seeing it.

Last edited:

Radio1114

That great thanks for the help guys. Scannerfreak I find your idea is the easiest. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.