Page not loading

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Wow that's a huge page. Lizbit did it work ok? If not, let us know what Operating System are you using and browser?

If nothing else we could save the page and quickly email it to you, as it looks like they've updated a couple of things.

Lizbit

I rebooted, emptied cache, cleared history, yada yada, still won't load. I get the heading of the page, but the remainder of the page is all gray. It loads find on my other office puter.

I'm using Windows XP Home, IE 6, SP2 - same as my other office computer.... Come to think of it, I don't think it loaded on my home computer either. So, it loads on one, but not the other two, and they're all using the same operating system and browser version.

It's only a few steps to the other office computer, but it would be nice to get the page to load here, too. Any other ideas? Perhaps I have a setting somewhere that's preventing it from loading?? Doesn't seem likely, though.

Hey Great Lakes, not sure where you are, but I'm betting you're bracing for the storm, too.... I'm just south of the bridge and it's windier than get-out.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
The page is over 1.3 MB in size. What you describe sounds as if there is not enough available memory to display the entire page. I am unsure if that would be what you actually have available, or if there is some setting "choking" the available memory too low.

16b

Premium Subscriber
The page loads OK for me, and I'm using IE6 on XP (at a computer lab; I wouldn't be caught dead using IE ordinarily). It *is* showing some sort of error (Javascript, probably) on line 12964, char 65. It says "Expected ')'." The page does hang up for about half a second or so with just the heading, but proceeds to load just after that. I suspect that the Javascript error is what is causing my browser to hang briefly, and it might be what is causing yours to choke altogether. Since I'm not on my normal computer I cannot investigate the problem further.

Lizbit

The heading is the only thing that will load on that page, and below, is dark gray background. I let the page sit for quite awhile but it won't load beyond. The other computer loads the page in a heartbeat.

I just wonder if I have something set in my tools/internet options that is preventing it from loading. I *think* it did load at one single time but hasn't since then... very weird.

The computers are pretty new, and fast.

Can someone send me a direct link to that page, and I'll try going in that way.... thanks!

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Lizbit said:
The heading is the only thing that will load on that page, and below, is dark gray background. I let the page sit for quite awhile but it won't load beyond. The other computer loads the page in a heartbeat.

I just wonder if I have something set in my tools/internet options that is preventing it from loading. I *think* it did load at one single time but hasn't since then... very weird.

The computers are pretty new, and fast.

Can someone send me a direct link to that page, and I'll try going in that way.... thanks!

Have you considered updating your MSIE to 7.*? It will cure a multitude of problems at the same time.

Lizbit

I did begin the process of IE 7 and *HATED HATED HATED* it. Did I say I hated it? I did not like it at ALL so I went back.

I am SURE the page loaded for me at one time on this computer, but now it's not. Just the header - and the rest of the page is gray. It works nice on the other office computer.

I think something in one of my internet options settings is stopping it from loading again.

Can someone link it in for me so I can try it again? Thank you!

Lizbit

I found out (partially) why the page won't fully load. Something with my Norton. I disabled Norton and the page loaded. Scripting, perhaps? I'll have to look for a setting.

I tried IE 7 but it seemed like it took over a whole lot - I didn't like all the garbage that came along with it, or the way the favorites were stored. In all fairness, I didn't run it for more than a half hour so I probably didn't give it a fair chance to "set it."

Any ideas on the Norton? what setting is preventing the page from loading?

TIA

Lizbit

Gary!!! is that YOU???? (I have a friend that is pushing me to Firefox every chance he gets).

It was Norton. I allowed scripting and the page loads now.

Thanks for the help and suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.