Radio Reference Version 3.0 Release Specifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

safetyobc

Awesome work Lindsay! I am looking forward to the updates!

I see on the "Service Tags" #19 is mis spelled = Railroda Not sure if that is something that was cut and pasted into your wiki page that might cause trouble later? Or just a simple typo.

Also, I like the fact that Priemium subscibers only will be able to use For Sale/Wanted Forums, but I see a large uproar coming over this. I completely understand why this should be this way and completely agree with it.

I look forward to using the new Admin features!

Thanks for all of your hard work and dedication to this website and the hobby!

matt

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
These 3 are fantastic...nice work!!
  • A new common frequency database will be available in addition to the existing legacy RadioReference.com Database, to store frequencies for Cordless Phones, Federal, Military, Aircraft, GMRS/FRS/Itinerant, roaming businesses, and other common frequencies that have less of a locality, and more of an assignment perspective.
  • All Frequencies and Talkgroups will be "tagged" with the following service type tags:
  • Ability to watch individual agencies in MyRR

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Great job Lindsay, as always. I see Matt has mention about the For-sale forums and think it is a great idea. As far as the up-roar, I think people will get over it.
Take care

Last edited:

blinddog50

safetyobc said:

I see on the "Service Tags" #19 is mis spelled = Railroda Not sure if that is something that was cut and pasted into your wiki page that might cause trouble later? Or just a simple typo.

Railroda- Italian for railroad.

Matt, you misspelled premium.

safetyobc

blinddog50 said:
safetyobc said:

Railroda- Italian for railroad.

Matt, you misspelled premium.

lol, so I did. lol

I pointed that out to Lindsay in case it was cut and pasted from something that may be affected later. lol. Should have checked my own post. sorry.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
All I can say is - wow, that's some list of stuff.

I do have a concern, though; I see several places where FCC data is going to play a role. We all know that FCC data can be quite out of date, particularly for transmitters that have been abandoned, license expired or services that have migrated to another frequency (or are absorbed into a trunk system). They simply don't always drop that license data, and it's not always picked up by another service. If/when that happens, they simply haven't the manpower to update their own databases. Why include such potentially inaccurate data?

73s Mike

JohnnyGalaga

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I just hope the subscription requirement for the Used/For Sale forum is not an indication of any plans to slowly etch away at other "free" parts of the website. :mad:

On a side note, I hope there will be a way to change your settings so you can have a dark background with bright lettering, kinda like "batblack."

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
JohnnyGalaga said:
I just hope the subscription requirement for the Used/For Sale forum is not an indication of any plans to slowly etch away at other "free" parts of the website. :mad:

"

I think it will help weed out the bogus rip-off con artist that have been increasing in the for sale forum recently. Being an RR premium subscriber is of course no guarantee of a persons credibility, but I think there is less chance of problems.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
GreatLakes said:
I think it will help weed out the bogus rip-off con artist that have been increasing in the for sale forum recently. Being an RR premium subscriber is of course no guarantee of a persons credibility, but I think there is less chance of problems.

Exactly the reasoning behind this move and nothing else. I can assure you it is not to take away free parts of the site, IE the database. That will never, ever, happen. Period. The FS forums are a privilege and not a right. A privilege Lindsay will make available to premium subscribers only.

Last edited:

BaLa

Only premium subscribers can use For Sale and Wanted Forums
How is this going to be setup?

Are non premium subscribers going to be allowed to at LEAST browse the forums.
and just have posting priviledges(sp) removed for those 2 boards?

Or will they be completely blocked off?

scannerfreak

Database Admin
BaLa said:

I would imagine they will not be visible unless you are a subscriber. Sort of like a "private" forum. If non subscribers could see the forum I would think that would defeat the purpose as they could still deal via PM :)

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
scanner_freak said:
BaLa said:

I would imagine they will not be visible unless you are a subscriber. Sort of like a "private" forum. If non subscribers could see the forum I would think that would defeat the purpose as they could still deal via PM :)
Alternatively, maybe it will just be that you can't post. If you can't post, you can't advertise something for sale or advertise for something you want.

I guess you could say that, that little detail hasn't been explained quite yet. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.