Suggestion Re: Disappearing Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanaholic

When a participant's post/thread has been moved to another forum, it would be helpful to pm them to let them know where it went.

I recently had a thread yanked from one forum, and finally learned later where it went.

There I was, not seeing it, and thinking it had been unfairly deleted, when all the time, it had been moved to another forum unknown to me, for several days.
Thanks-

scanalolic

landonjensen

Thats weird, i know on some forums once a thread is moved it will either stay in the original forum and have a post stating "This thread has been moved to such and such forum" and usually provide you a link. On the other hand some just redirect you automatically. Not sure on how RR works here....

mciupa

Database Admin
landonjensen said:
On the other hand some(forums) just redirect you automatically. Not sure on how RR works here....

We are automatically redirected here at RR .:cool:
For instance , there is a moved post in this Site Help forum .If you click on the post's title, it will bring you to the Motorola forum that it was redirected to.
So the OP just has to return to where they placed the post and find the appropriate tiltle. :)

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
scanaholic said:
When a participant's post/thread has been moved to another forum, it would be helpful to pm them to let them know where it went.
This is an unnecessary extra burden on the moderators.

scanaholic said:
I recently had a thread yanked from one forum, and finally learned later where it went.

There I was, not seeing it, and thinking it had been unfairly deleted, when all the time, it had been moved to another forum unknown to me, for several days.
"Yanked" is an unnecessary and provocative term, I think you owe the moderator that was doing you a favor an apology for intimating that was something wrong with the movement. After all he merely put your thread where you wanted it in the first place.

Threads are seldom deleted and when they are, it is either at the OP's request or due to some problem, in either case the OP of a deleted thread is aware of the deletion, although other participants may not be aware of it.

I suggest you go to your UserCP and re-activate the subscription options so that you receive notifications of replies to threads you start or participate in, this will keep you informed of when someone has replied to a thread that you have participated in and is the reason that they are defaulted to that setting.

landonjensen

Thats what i thought, didnt know for sure. Thanks :)

mciupa said:
For instance , there is a moved post in this Site Help forum .If you click on the post's title, it will bring you to the Motorola forum that it was redirected to.
So the OP just has to return to where they placed the post and find the appropriate tiltle. :)

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
mciupa said:
This is mostly true, but not in all cases. Depends on how the thread was moved (there are two options), typically when the thread is moved without comment, then the re-direct link is left. If it is moved without leaving a re-direct link, then the moderator who is moving it will post in the thread saying it was moved after the movement, this notifies all people who have posted to the thread that it has been moved (well, all people who have not changed the default subscription options that is) as well as providing the link to the latest post in the thread.

landonjensen

Cool, Thanks

loumaag said:
This is mostly true, but not in all cases. Depends on how the thread was moved (there are two options), typically when the thread is moved without comment, then the re-direct link is left. If it is moved without leaving a re-direct link, then the moderator who is moving it will post in the thread saying it was moved after the movement, this notifies all people who have posted to the thread that it has been moved (well, all people who have not changed the default subscription options that is) as well as providing the link to the latest post in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.