Link from Wiki back to www.radioreference.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
This seems so simple that I keep thinking I've overlooked it, but I can't find it.

Simply: can a link to www.radioreference.com be added to the Main Wiki Navigation box? Many times I want to quickly jump from the Wiki back to rr.com, but there's no link that lets me do it.

Thanks.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
'Main Wiki Navigation' - ???? Do you mean on the very first article, or on all subsequent articles? Remember we have a fairly major overhaul happening this weekend 73s Mike

[edit] I looked at the main article, and the navigation box on the left is evidently server loaded and can't be edited by the user. Personally speaking, no one seems to use the community link, and I wonder if it could be substititued with something else.

Last edited:

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
It depends on the Wiki version. This was possible at my website with version 1.5.8 so any version newer than that should allow it. It is a helpful link to have, definitely.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
That's news to me; something we can look into after the conversion this weekend. Thanks for pointing this out.

[edit] I've emailed Lindsay with the suggestion....we could even replace the community and current event links - which are largely unused -
with a link back to the RR home page and perhaps the forums page as well - let's see what he says

73s Mike

Last edited:

eorange

bezking, you are 100% correct and Mike - thanks for moving this along! Much appreciated.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The boss says wait until after the conversion - and I agree. If others think this is a good idea, speak up. 73s Mike

eorange

The quicklinks are great - just what the Dr. ordered! Thanks for the quick turnaround in the midst of the impending upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.