RR 3.0 Status Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Folks,

I'm pushing out the delivery of RR 3.0 to July 1st 2007. There is lots to do - and lots of testing... so bear with us.

The good news is that I expect to release a preview and beta to the community before the release date.

As always, these release dates are up in the air - since I cannot devote 100% of my time to the site due to another career :cool: But, we've made a lot of progress and I'll update the wiki with the latest information soon including what has been finished and what is still left.

You can keep track of our progress here on the 3.0 release.

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/RR_3.0_Release_Specifications

Thanks!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Lindsay:

I just noticed that "BUSINESS" is listed twice in the tag list. IIRC, the second instance (last item in the list) should likely be "Other."

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
blantonl said:
Folks,

I'm pushing out the delivery of RR 3.0 to July 1st 2007. There is lots to do - and lots of testing... so bear with us.

The good news is that I expect to release a preview and beta to the community before the release date.

As always, these release dates are up in the air - since I cannot devote 100% of my time to the site due to another career :cool: But, we've made a lot of progress and I'll update the wiki with the latest information soon including what has been finished and what is still left.

You can keep track of our progress here on the 3.0 release.

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/RR_3.0_Release_Specifications

Thanks!

At least you are going to get it right before you release 3.0. Many people would just release it with a bunch of bugs in it, which are always harder to fix once its released.

I'll dream for you Lindsay, hit the lottery then you won't have to worry about your other career. :D

N4JNW

Man this is gonna be bad @$$!!!! I'm afraid I'll become even more addicted to RR when 3.0 pops in!

JohnnyGalaga

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Addicted? You've already got 1,000+ posts in less than a year.

Hopefully the new release will include a news update. The Hall County thing is like 6 weeks old now. :D

N4JNW

JohnnyGalaga said:
Addicted? You've already got 1,000+ posts in less than a year.

Hopefully the new release will include a news update. The Hall County thing is like 6 weeks old now. :D

Yeah man.. I love RadioReference... I've learned more about scanning and ham radio here than any book has ever taught me. LOL

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
JohnnyGalaga said:
Uh, did you miss the Announcements and News Forum. The news releases will no longer be on the "home" page. They have go into this thread moderated (all threads must be approved) forum. Its been there since May 13th.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
loumaag said:
Uh, did you miss the Announcements and News Forum. The news releases will no longer be on the "home" page. They have go into this thread moderated (all threads must be approved) forum. Its been there since May 13th.

To be fair to Johnny, I don't think it was announced yet that the new forum was replacing the home page news :) Those on the outside looking in might not have put 2 and 2 together.

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
Is it still on the July 1 timeline? I hope it is because I can't wait much longer. lol. In any case keep up the great work Lindsay.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Folks,

I'll be releasing a public beta tomorrow... stay tuned and more updates are coming.

Lots of hard work has gone into the site - and there are a lot of changes - so there will be a lot of stuff to flush out - including your suggestions, to make sure that the 3.0 release is solid.

Tomorrow will be the day... stay tuned.

justinnmr

I'm sure site will be awesome! Especially after looking at the wiki page w/ the updates and such, I truly understand the work and dedication that goes into RR and I got the Premium Subscription today, something I should have done long ago.

Way to go to Lindsay and Loumaag, and everyone else that makes this site what it is!

Last edited:

N4JNW

I've always said, subscribing is well worth it's weight in gold... I can't belive I went so long without making a small donation..

Never again will I input frequencies by hand!

maalox

so i guess no one is going to be allowed to post in the classified section unless they are a paid subscriber...

John_M

KG4LJF Wrote:

I've always said, subscribing is well worth it's weight in gold... I can't belive I went so long without making a small donation..

I look at it as a club. Every club has membership dues to keep the club running.

Status
Not open for further replies.