Maine Database Admin??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdaddyduke

Can you tell me who is responsible for the maine database? I've sent in several updates over the past few months and nothing seems to get updated on the database.

If there is no one doing it, then I guess I'd be willing to volunteer.

Thanks
Chris

bezking

Looking at the list of DB Admins, I don't see anybody who states their location as Maine. However I fathom LouMaag might be able to help, try sending him a PM. :)

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
bezking said:
Looking at the list of DB Admins, I don't see anybody who states their location as Maine. However I fathom LouMaag might be able to help, try sending him a PM. :)
No need to PM me. :)

bigdaddyduke:
Most of the submissions for Maine are handled by two global admins (as you could tell if you looked at the histories). I looked at some submissions, (I cannot pull just yours up) and after looking at a couple of your submissions I think I understand what is happening.
  1. Don't submit state wide frequencies on county pages. The state police are the state police and belong on the state police page.
  2. Don't repeat frequencies that are used by more than one entity without differentiating them somehow. For example if two entities are using the same frequency in the same county then who is in charge? Are there PL tone differences?
  3. Please, please try and use one of the recommended submission formats.
  4. Don't submit things that are already in the DB and don't need correcting or updating; it makes reading a submission very difficult.
  5. When you submit, please try and say what the frequency is used for. It is very difficult to deal with an area where you don't know what is what when all you receive is a frequency and an agency/entity that reportedly uses it. Anyone can look up a license and say what agency/entity is licensed for a frequency, that doesn't say what it is used for nor if it is even used. In a lot of cases you did, but in a lot you did not; when I work a submission that doesn't explain the use of a frequency, I just ignore it and I think most admins do the same.
We appreciate submissions, indeed the entire database is built on what the local users tell us, but in an effort to have the best reference, we can only put up what we understand and what is explained.

Status
Not open for further replies.