Submitting info

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLTX11

I am trying to submit some codes and maps, how do you want me to go about doing that?

Thanks

bezking

Open the database page of the county for which you want to submit and then press the "submit" tab on the top left.

Attachments

• Picture 11.png
    Picture 11.png
    25.1 KB · Views: 108

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
CLTX11 said:
I am trying to submit some codes and maps, how do you want me to go about doing that?
If it's something you can't paste in to the submission box post it to your regional forum and paste the link to the post in the submission box. If the site won't let you attach it then try zipping it.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
If you are submitting maps, please make them an image, not a PDF file.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
nd5y said:
Will we be able to submit PDF and Google Earth KMZ/KML files when RR 3.0 is released?
I am not sure on the KMZ or KML files, but let me comment on PDF's.

PDF's depend on the client (that is you) to have the software on your computer to display. The server cannot "display" (or more properly place the PDF on a page for your computer to display) a PDF file. So what happens is when you go to the "Maps and Codes" tab, if there is a PDF it isn't displayed, the best that can be done is a link. We would much rather have any maps as ... well images of maps not PDF's of maps, that way they can be displayed in your browser.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Most any format can be made available via the Downloads page too. But when members go to look for maps they don't usually look there. That's why we discourage it.

Status
Not open for further replies.