RadioReference Owner Pages??(sort of like myspace)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortwavewave

I have a suggestion? Now this is just an idea, I by no means have any idea how to make websites but,

how would making radio reference, or a site similar to it, where members can make there home pages, now im not talking "like" myspace but that idea where a person can put there pictures, detailed information about themselfs, hobbies, there own stories, etc... but all pretaining to RADIO Communication

If anyone would or would not like this idea please comment, anyone is free to take my idea if it help, if its such a bad idea let me know
Thank you

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Learning HTML, XHTML, Java, Javabeans, ect. will serve you very well. There's big money these days for folks with these skills.

You could, I suppose, use your own user area in the Wiki to build a 'personal' page, as long as it stuck to the radio hobby. However, I kinda doubt folks even know they have such an ability, and as of right now, we don't have a method to advertise when a new user page is constructed. It's conceivable we could do something about that - say a 'user page' link off the main page of some kind - but let's see if there's interest.

73s Mike

bezking

Yah, to echo what Mike said.
Learn some languages for web - like HTML, PHP, or Adobe ColdFusion. It looks really good on a resume, and it gets fun after a while. Everyone has a wiki page provided they created an account: At
Code:
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/User:(Your Username Here)

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
SW, if you are interested in pursuing this, please read the entering a new article and quick guide to editing links that are on our wiki now. The new article link has a section on drafting that will give you some very general guidelines on topics, format and so forth.

The quick guide has more than enough to get you started, but if you desire to get fancy, go to the very bottom of that article, and study the Media Wiki editing commands linked there.

We do have a couple of folks that have set up their own 'personal' pages - but like I said, if there's interest, we'll have to develop something to 'advertise' them. For now, the guidelines set forth in the new article page will apply.

I should mention that, having looked at a few other wiki sites, it seems that the direction is to move away from HTML coding (some of which is supported in Media Wiki) and sticking purely with the wiki markup language. As we go, we may have to develop some standards, but for right now, assuming there's interest, feel free to build your user pages as you see fit.

Remember, however, we are watching....'nuff said

73s Mike

Shortwavewave

Well this was just an idea, but i will look in to that wiki user page, and i might put some reviews hints and tips maybe?

What about blogs? whould those be ok? pretaining to radios of corse

bezking said:
Yah, to echo what Mike said.
Learn some languages for web - like HTML, PHP, or Adobe ColdFusion. It looks really good on a resume, and it gets fun after a while.

...til you land a job doing it and it gets boring. You can do a lot with just HTML & Javascript.

Status
Not open for further replies.