ADDless RR Browsing with extra $5 a year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John_M

I don't know about everybodyelse and I know this site needs money to stay afloat but these adds are annoying. I'm trying to think about the PSR-500 and I got airplanes flying in the middle of the screen. Some sites offer addless browsing for as a premium feature. Could this site consider it? Or is this not feasable?

pappy1

I have been a Premium Subscriber for over a year and I have never seen airplanes fly across my screen... Check for spyware on your computer that splashes adds from popups and cookies. The only adds I have seen on RR is at the top of the page and are out of the way for veiwing threads.

My pennys worth.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Doesn't seem like they pose a problem to most of us here. As suggested, get AdPlus or something like it, because the ad's ain't going anywhere I don't think, anytime soon.

I say get over it. Advertising is everywhere these days like it or not.

hoser147

Just my 2 cents I dont think that 5 bucks a year will cover what the site gets in the related advertising. Hopefully Lindsay will keep it related to the site, as it seems to be. I am sure he will continue to run RR in its best Interest as always. As many older members and yourself may know, the RR site was Free for a long time, but as usual thing dont always stay that way and many had a say in the direction of the premium membership and the rights and privileges that came with it. There are options as Ad blockers that you may use so they can keep everything to a minimum as far as membership is...........Hoser

mkewman

i don't mind the ads, in fact, more often than not if i see a interesting or relevant one, I'll click. Lindsay gets a nice chunk of change when I do, and I get to find out something new. Talk about a win win.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
The ads we have now are "perfect". As long as the ads are related to the purpose of this site, I like to see them. And I've made purchases from some of them too. This is a fact Lindsay should be able to "take to the bank".

rvawatch

the search box in the top right corner is an ad too.. by doing a search through googles adsense search box, it supposedly selects more advertisements in the results than normal. I'm familiar with using adsense for websites and such. Not that I care about the search box, but just pointing out it is an ad.

rckydenver

Well talk about ads posting and being scanner related except for Colorado forum on top there is an ad for Lasik, Candid Answer about Lasik, Free DVD. Lasik-scanners not sure how that is related. Not complaining about ads either but.....

John_M

Well there are probably not too many radio related adds to be had. So if it brings revenue for RR, I can put up with a few non-radio related adds. The no add bonus of being a premium member was just a thought. Mods can lock this thread now.

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
rvawatch said:
the search box in the top right corner is an ad too.. by doing a search through googles adsense search box, it supposedly selects more advertisements in the results than normal. I'm familiar with using adsense for websites and such. Not that I care about the search box, but just pointing out it is an ad.

Its an add but its not at the same time. It searches the website for whatever you want using google (look beside the search box once it opens the google up and you see RR only or the web).

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
How can I place an advertisement?

It's relative to scanning, and others might find the topic interesting?

Can someone from the site PM me?

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Firefox

John_M said:
I don't know about everybodyelse and I know this site needs money to stay afloat but these adds are annoying. I'm trying to think about the PSR-500 and I got airplanes flying in the middle of the screen. Some sites offer addless browsing for as a premium feature. Could this site consider it? Or is this not feasable?

Get firefox web browser !

JoeyC

lowboy654 said:
I must be missing something here I have never seen a add here

I use IE. There are 2 small areas with ads in them at the top of the page, but I had to actually look for them to see them, but they are there. Hardly noticable and not intrusive in the least. No popups. Not sure what anyone finds annoying about them, even if they don't contain radio related ads. There isn't a site on the internet that doesn't have ads on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.