Inactive Frequencies in the Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Is there a way RR could indicated when the listed frequencies are obsolete, or inactive? In Michigan in particular, numerous conventional analog systems that are still listed, have become inactive since the service has switched over to MPSCS. Yet the old frequencies remain with no indication they are no longer in service.

Thanks

FPO703

Many agencies still have thier former systems in place for talkaround, special ops, fail safe incase the TRS fails, etc....

Thunderbolt does a fine job keeping Michigan up to date with information that is supplied from members. I'm sure that if he knows if things are 'inactive', he has made note accordingly.

DaveH

GreatLakes said:
Is there a way RR could indicated when the listed frequencies are obsolete, or inactive? In Michigan in particular, numerous conventional analog systems that are still listed, have become inactive since the service has switched over to MPSCS. Yet the old frequencies remain with no indication they are no longer in service.

Thanks

It would be a good idea to "tag" the database frequencies in some way to indicate that
they at least appear to be vacated. I would not delete them right away, as indicated by
Ontario's Fleetnet system, where the MOH (ambulance) has moved there from conventional
repeaters, but kept many of these active as a backup.

Dave

pogbobo

I'd rather have all known freqs in the db and later come to find out that some aren't in use any more than have some that are thought to be unused and taken out and actually still be in use at some point ... my 2cents :)

Status
Not open for further replies.