Chattanooga Regional P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

ButchGone

As noted below the name of the new P25 system that will cover north Georgia to Knoxville is the Tennessee Valley Regional Communications System. As we've seen in previous threads, Bradley County has a number of 33xxx digi talkgroups on the current Chattanooga SmartZone mixed-mode system and the info below is from the Chattanooga City Council agenda for April 21...showing agreements for the sites along I-75 near Charleston exit and on Bean Mnt (Oswald Dome). It appears Bradley is next county to be joining.
Forum Moderators -- isn't it time to "sticky" this thread since it will be very active with new developments between now and July 2010?
BG..

From Chattanooga City Council Agenda Tuesday, April 21:
c) A resolution authorizing the Director of General Services to execute a Tower Site Lease Agreement with the Board of Public Utilities of the City of Cleveland, Tennessee for use of a portion of the Candies Creek Ridge Water Storage Tank site in connection with the Public Safety Interoperable Communications System, with necessary easements for access and utilities in lieu of rent and for a term of five (5) years, with an option to renew.

d) A resolution authorizing the Director of General Services to execute an Antenna Site License Agreement with Premier Towers, LLC for use of a large antenna site on Bean Mountain in Polk County for an annual rent amount not to exceed $150,000.00 and a term of twenty-one (21) months as part of the Tennessee Valley Regional Communications System.

click23

Premium Subscriber
From the Cleveland Daily Banner

"Authorization for the board(Cleveland Utilities Board) chair to enter into a lease agreement with the city of Chattanooga as the acting manager of the Tennessee Valley Regional Communications System for a tower to be located on the Candies Creek Ridge Water Tank Storage site on the west side of Exit 33 on I-75. The tower will become part of the 800 megahertz emergency communications system. Cleveland Utilities will have access to the tower as payment."

Also take a look here http://www.ntia.doc.gov/psic/IJ/tn.pdf page 3 Shows Hamilton, Bradley, McMinn, Meigs, Rhea, Loudon, Knox and Anderson counties part of the "Tennessee Valley Regional 700/800 Megahertz (MHz) System" with a total cost of $27,000,000. Looking at the map, wonder why Roane County was left out?

Last edited:

ButchGone

here we go

Not sure about the Roane County details.
But, techs are right now busy installing the microwave system that will link all the new P25 sites together instead of phone lines. In Hamilton County the new microwave paths will link Signal Mnt., Lookout Mnt., White Oak Mnt. above I-75 and a new site on White Oak Mnt. in the southern part of Collegedale.
Techs have also been working on the site above Dayton in Rhea County in Evensville on the mountain.
Once all the micro paths are up and running the actual 700/800MHz sites will go up.
BG..

woodardg

thank you

Not sure about the Roane County details.
But, techs are right now busy installing the microwave system that will link all the new P25 sites together instead of phone lines. In Hamilton County the new microwave paths will link Signal Mnt., Lookout Mnt., White Oak Mnt. above I-75 and a new site on White Oak Mnt. in the southern part of Collegedale.
Techs have also been working on the site above Dayton in Rhea County in Evensville on the mountain.
Once all the micro paths are up and running the actual 700/800MHz sites will go up.
BG..

hulio

Premium Subscriber
Just doing some searching and found this on the first note "Bradley County has a number of 33xxx digi talkgroups on the current Chattanooga SmartZone" What does Bradley County have that is tied in with the Chattanooga system? I thought Bradley was gonna have their own VHF system. And was not gonna buy into the Chatt system...

ButchGone

Several Bradley County and Cleveland agencies have gotten 800MHz equipment, most is paid for with federal homeland security grants. They're just assigned a few talkgroups on the current mixed-mode Chattanooga system for now, but will later become operational on the new P25 TVRCS system now being built. They will be getting more grants to pay for more radios down the road. Right now, all Bradley EMS has 800, and a handful of supervisors and such with fire, sheriff and Cleveland PD have it too. I did hear a ladder 4 talking with an engine 4 on 33328 so I'm assuming that is CFD's fire group. Again, this will all migrate over to the new P25 system later down the line.
One note: an article in last Sunday's Times Free Press said Rhea County Sheriff's Department and EMS will go on line with the new TVRCS P25 system in the fall. They are getting grants for fire, but Dayton PD has said they want to stay on their VHF channel and don't want to buy in right now.
BG..

CAPTLPOL1

They could all do that by just using 155.130, 155.475 and whatever the other mutial aid channels are. No need to buy into a multi-million dollar system when decades old technology already exsists.

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
Is anybody hearing any "slightly weird" wound in some of the radios lately? It almost sounds like the radio is trying to "reach" the digital side or something. I don't know a better way of saying it.

N8IAA

Is everything updated as far as this system in RR? Might be making a trip to Chattanooga this weekend. Want to get the 106 programmed correctly.
Larry

richard4537312

Premium Subscriber
actually you could leave the 106 safely at home. your 96 will work just fine with the rebanded system, using the information available here.

N8IAA

actually you could leave the 106 safely at home. your 96 will work just fine with the rebanded system, using the information available here.

You are kidding about not taking my 106--right? Right?? It is a very, very, rare occasion that the 106 doesn't go with me somewhere. Size, alpha-tags, weight, memory, etc., etc., and so on:)) Not to mention Multi-site TT. I was referring to all the Gawga stuff on the system. Since I have to pass through all that to get up to Tenn.
Larry

ButchGone

TVRCS P25, Hamilton County Frequencies

The FCC licensing site shows the new frequencies for the TVRCS simulcast system in Hamilton County. It will fire from four sites - Lookout Mnt, Signal Mnt, White Oak Mnt north of I-75 and White Oak Mnt in Collegdale.
Freqs will be: 855.2125, 856.2375, 856.7625, 857.2375, 857.4375, 857.4875, 857.7125, 857.9375, 858.2375, 858.4375.
The link to the pending license is:
ULS Application - PubSafty/SpecEmer/PubSaftyNtlPlan,806-817/851-862MHz,Trunked - 0003842441 - CHATTANOOGA, CITY OF

Moderators - this should be listed in the data base under Hamilton County as the Tennessee Valley Regional Communications System, Chattanooga Simulcast site.

BG..

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
I have added an entry for this TRS in the database, but will be remain staged until the first site comes online. I strongly suspect that you will see additional license applications popping up in the coming months for this system. Apparently, its been "fast-tracked" for development and implementation. Please keep us posted on any further developments.

73s

Ron

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
Tennessee Valley Regional Communications System System Updated (Updated General Trunked System Information)

My vision must be getting worse, couldn'n see anything!

click23

Premium Subscriber
Is anybody hearing any "slightly weird" wound in some of the radios lately? It almost sounds like the radio is trying to "reach" the digital side or something. I don't know a better way of saying it.

I heard that too. I haven't heard it in a while, but I do not monitor them all that often.

Status
Not open for further replies.