NXDN/TRBO Agencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlGlNT

I thought I would start a thread for NXDN and TRBO users. If you come accross something that you used to be able to monitor and are no longer hearing anything they may have went to NEXEDGE or MotoTRBO.

Other than multiple rail services I haven't come across any NXDN users in TN, but there are several capable of MotoTRBO. I say capable because some agencies are capable of MotoTRBO, but are using their new MotoTRBO radios with their old equipment until the change can be made system wide.

Below is a list of agencies that are licensed for MotoTRBO use:
KIC819 – Newport Utilities
KNAH811 – City of Murfreesboro (Electric Utility Operations)
WNUI681 – Hickman County Sheriff
WPAE822 – Tri Cities Communications (Carter County)
WPAT421 – Tri Cities Communications (Carter County)
WPDQ319 – Grainger County Law Enforcement Agencies
WPHM321 – Communications Evolutions (Grundy & Franklin Counties)
WPOY579 – Tri Cities Communications (Carter County)
WPRT902 – Federal Express Corporation (Shelby County)
WPSF762 – C NET (Shelby County)
WQDX605 – Leading Edge Wireless, LLC (Shelby County)
WPRT681 – Leading Edge Wireless, LLC (Shelby County)
WPQA804 – Leading Edge Wireless, LLC (Shelby & Fayette Counties)
WQDV717 – Leading Edge Wireless, LLC (Shelby & Fayette Counties)
WPSP690 – C Net Solutions LLC (Shelby County)
WPTF974 – Leading Edge Wireless, LLC (Shelby County)
WQDW916 – Leading Edge Wireless, LLC (Shelby County)
WQKV222 – Mars Snackfood USA, LLC (Bradley County)
WQKV223 – GREAT SMOKIES LODGE VPOA INC (Sevier County)

This list is incomplete as changes are being made almost every day. If you suspect an agency is NXDN or TRBO post them here so that everyone will know. Also keep in mind that some agencies have been known to use NXDN or TRBO without updating their licenses.

Last edited:

n4yek

Other than multiple rail services I haven't come across any NXDN users in TN, .....

Pigeon Forge Fire Department has NXDN capabilities on 461.000 MHz and was encrypted but a week or two later went back to their of VHF conventional system because they could not communicate to each other on a fire call one time. Too dangerous!!!

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
At least one SO here in AR is now NXDN/NexEdge Digital... You can hear the lovely digital growl, but no scanner currently can decode the formats of NXDN, or MotoTRBO. The bad news about this is, that railroads will be using NXDN/NexEdge when they switch to 6.25 spacing narrowband.... I have heard from a few firefighters that say the worst option digital wise for a FD to ever try is NXDN and MotoTRBO. They have enough trouble working out solutions for trouble caused to the SCBA's on P-25 currently. Law Enforcement that goes to NXDN or MotoTRBO is losing the full interoperability of P-25, and is asking to be a lone wolf, just wanting to have a cheap way for no one to hear them.

evilbrad

My head makes a bad antenna
hello

I know im not in your area but I agree alot of businesses, agencies etc are going trbo or nxedge and some are using the fhss 900mhz radios none of this can be monitored as of yet.. Hello Uniden and Gre
in illinois one of the county jail is using a trbo rptr multiplixed into two channels. We need a scanner for these(or update) to decode these.. Pm me direct I have a question to add nexedge trbo and fhss900
to you scanner could this be accomplised via software update??

n4yek

A friend tells me these freqs are rotating a NXDN control data between them and Pigeon Forge Fire is back to using NXDN:

And this freq is at the FCC for Modification to NXDN emission

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
AHHH ICOM is giving M a run for the money with NexEdge *NXDN*,... Seems so far that there are far more conventional NXDN systems popping up, while MotoTRBO is the trunking option in favor...

SlGlNT

MotoTRBO
KQE551 – Provident Life and Accidents Ins Co (Hamilton County)

colfire3

I heard last week that Maury County Fire is going Motorola TRBO. My question is what about P25 Interop. Williamson County is going P25 in the spring if I have read all this correctly they would not be able to communicate with them. We happened to reg 39 pushing for interoperability between departments?

SlGlNT

MotoTRBO
WQKY329 – Clearview Farms (Crockett County)
WQKY470 - Lawrence, County Of (Correctionsl Facility)

SlGlNT

NEXEDGE
WQKY940 – South Blount County Utility District

MotoTRBO
WQKY991 – Dupont Danisco Cellulosic Ethanol, LLC (Monroe County)

SlGlNT

MotoTRBO
KNNF400 – Jesse Homan Jones Hospital (Robertson County)
WQKZ367 – J.E. Warren & Sons (Tipton County)

SlGlNT

MotoTRBO
WQLA772 – Blue Cross Blue Shield of TN (Hamilton County)
KSO685 – City Of Lawrenceburg (Trunked)

SlGlNT

NXDN
WPQC594 – John Jr, Maire R (Maire Company)(Sevier County)

Mototrbo
WQLD451 - Youth Villages Girls Center (Shelby County)

RayAir

At least one SO here in AR is now NXDN/NexEdge Digital... You can hear the lovely digital growl, but no scanner currently can decode the formats of NXDN, or MotoTRBO. The bad news about this is, that railroads will be using NXDN/NexEdge when they switch to 6.25 spacing narrowband.... I have heard from a few firefighters that say the worst option digital wise for a FD to ever try is NXDN and MotoTRBO. They have enough trouble working out solutions for trouble caused to the SCBA's on P-25 currently. Law Enforcement that goes to NXDN or MotoTRBO is losing the full interoperability of P-25, and is asking to be a lone wolf, just wanting to have a cheap way for no one to hear them.

I hear you, if LE wants a cheap way to keep scanners from listening to P25 then all they have to do is enable ADP. I heard the option is $10/radio. ADP is 40-bit encryption.

Has anyone tried to monitor any of these NXDN or TRBO systems using a NXDN or TRBO radio? Unless it's encrypted, it had to be doable.

Status
Not open for further replies.