Nashville/Davidson County Band Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

jclarkr6

Greetings! I am traveling to Nashville next week and I wanted to take along my Uniden BCD396XT to monitor the Nashville/Davidson County Trunking System while I am there. However, I noticed that this system is a Motorola Type II System that has undergone the rebanding process. I have never monitored a Mot. Type II System that has been rebanded before and I must admit that I do not know what type of band plan to enter. If I understand things correctly, I need to enter a Custom band plan to properly monitor the Nashville/Davidson County Trunking System. That much I know, but I am not sure what to do after I tell my scanner that I want to set up a custom band plan. I know that I need to set my base frequencies, but I am not sure what the upper and lower base frequencies would be for, let's say, Site A of the Nashville/Davidson County Trunking System, which can be found here: Nashville/Davidson County System Trunking System, Nashville, Tennessee - Scanner Frequencies. For Site A, would the lower base freq be 853.3125 and would the upper base freq be 859.9875? If not, what would the lower and upper base frequencies be?

After I enter in the lower and upper base freqs, I need to then input the offset and polarity for Site A. What the heck is the offset and polarity for Site A and how does one figure out that information? After I figure out the offset and polarity, then I need to determine the spacing for Site A. Does anyone know the spacing that is used for Site A?

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could answer my questions by providing me with the Band Plan information for Site A (or even Site B) of the Nashville/Davidson County Trunking System. It would be even better if someone could explain how they were able to figure out the information needed for the Band Plan for Site A or B. If possible, please dumb down any explanation of how to figure out the Band Plan information since this area of scanning is new to me (referring to figuring out band plans). I did try to look at some of the information in the RR Wiki about figuring out band plans (Uniden Band Plan Entry - The RadioReference Wiki), but I am still unable to figure this out. Thank you in advance to anyone that takes the time to reply to my request for assistance.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
To hear the system A (the action site) a custom band plan is not needed. System A has all the public safety agencies on it plus a few municipalities that aren't Metro plus USMS. So your in good shape there but if you wanted to hear system B (public services) you would have to add a custom band plan. I know you do on the GRE scanners, not sure on a 396. As for system A, just plug in the control channel freqs and your good to go.

jclarkr6

Thank you, CORN!!! I think I'll just stick to monitoring Site A since it sounds much simpler. I was kind of interested in monitoring Site B as well since it has the Davidson County Sheriff's Office (according to the RR Database) on it, but I'm sure I'll still hear plenty of action on Site A since it has all of the Nashville agencies.

If you have the time and motivation, and I certainly understand if you don't, would you mind posting the Band Plan for Site B? I would still be interested in it if you had it available and I would also love to see an example of how a Band Plan is put together, the examples in the RR Wiki just haven't helped me.

CORN, thank you for taking the time to reply to my questions. It's good to know that I can easily monitor Site A without entering a Custom Band Plan! Thanks again!:p

I've been listening tothe rebanded site B on the pro 106 and all i did was put in the control channels, am i missing something by not using this "bandplan"?

CORN

Premium Subscriber
I've been listening tothe rebanded site B on the pro 106 and all i did was put in the control channels, am i missing something by not using this "bandplan"?

Not sure Skinny. I'm going off what it takes for a GRE radio to properly trunk System B. I'm not sure about the Pro-106. And Jclark, no problem glad to help. The Sheriff really isn't all that much. Most of it is coming from the inside of the Criminal Justice Center aka JAIL. NES is only good to listen to after a storm passes thru. If your just coming for vacation i would stick to Side A. But i will PM you how i have my GRE set up for System B in the next couple of days.

jclarkr6

Thanks, CORN! I have a family member that is auditioning to be on a television show in Nashville and most of my time will be spent waiting in line with her and driving her around, so I'll be bored and desperate to listen to anything interesting! Thanks again for all of your help!

CORN

Premium Subscriber
For giggles i programmed my 396 with the Site B CC frquencies and for the most part it trunked the lower freqs good. However without the custom band plan it will not pick up the .125, .025, etc frequences. So some comms are missed. Here's the link to the forum about programming the custom table. It's for the Radio Shack Pro-96 and 2096 but it worked for my Gre and it might work for your 396 too if you want to try site B.

http://forums.radioreference.com/ra...6-2096-rebanded-motorola-trunked-systems.html

It's the first table you come to that you use.

jclarkr6

Thank you for the Band Plan table, CORN. I'm in town and Site A sounds great (well, as good as a mixed P25 system can sound :lol:). Thankfully, I'm used to the digital audio of the Illinois Starcom21 System. I'm going to plug in the Band Plan for Site B tonight and try it out in the morning. Thanks for all of your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.