N4WT, Silent Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

ButchGone

Chuck Roach, N4WT, now a silent key. He was owner of the incredible N4WT 442.900 repeater on Big Ridge in Chattanooga and was devoted to the furtherance of ham radio and EMCOMMs in the southeast Tennessee Region. He worked tirelessly to track down interference to amateur and public safety radio systems and helped system administrators keep their networks running. His 442.900 repeater is among the best with audio and RF capabilities second to none. He worked closely with the people who made the Tennessee Valley Regional Communications System (TVRCS) a reality.
Hopefully what he built will be passed on to capable hands.
BG..

kk4lpw

I had only got to meet Chuck a few times at the dinners, and at JOTA. He was my very first ham radio contact. I may not have knew him as well as some of the others, but I knew he was a GREAT guy that would help you with anything. I am very very saddened by his passing, and sure hope that we can continue and attempt to carry his legacy onward. Rest in peace Chuck. We will all miss you very much!

N2AL

I knew Chuck from when I lived in Chattanooga. I moved last year back home to Knoxville, and from time to time we would talk. I just recently found out of his passing. He was a great man, a good friend, and he had the true spirit of ham radio. He is certainly missed and I hope his legacy will continue to live on.

Andrew
KK4IFN

Status
Not open for further replies.