Unknown p25 tower scanned in springfield tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
It's a federal Project 25 TRS. I wonder what federal government/military facilities are around the Nashville area?

73's

Ron

remay

Premium Subscriber
Not sure. Did you look it up on Fcc to find what it is? I had no success last night scrolling through my cell phone on the FCC site. Thanks for reply.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Not sure. Did you look it up on Fcc to find what it is? I had no success last night scrolling through my cell phone on the FCC site. Thanks for reply.

You're not going to find any federal frequency information on the FCC site. They do not oversee federal allocations. Those are handled by the NTIA.

- Chris

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Federal near Nashvville.. ummm,.. At least three, will have to look in old data to see if any of them are still valid as to what goes on there. Mind my TN Fed files West of the Smokies, and excepting the NTNP stuff is at least 10 years old or more.... I'll still look.

EZlistener

Premium Subscriber
Could be US Army Corps of Engineers, as they supervise the Cumberland River Basin, rather than TVA. There are probably other Fed users common to other cities Nashville's size, e.g., FPS, IRS, USSS, FBI.
Maybe?

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Its not near Nashville. I plugged it into my Icom and had the noise but wasn't registering on the S meter. Plugged it into my PSR-600 and 500 and picked up nothing. So it's north of town somewhere but definitely not in the Nashville area or I'd be able to register something.

jfhtm350

Slatescan is in Sumner Co with a full signal. Only he knows the areas he can pick up signals like that. He might be able to pick up Fort Campbell, 2 counties over with 5 bars or maybe he can only pick up things half a county away from that direction. I would say he could just about draw a map of the possible location of the tower.

slatescan

Premium Subscriber
so far they have no syid or site number as far as i can tell but its five bars a good singel into my house in North Hendersonville if i was a guessing man i guess its the old hickory dam run by the Army COE

I cant hear fort campbell down here as of yet but I can hear the Titans LTR from LP field from here

Status
Not open for further replies.