Rain, Rain everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4yek

Last couple of days have been good scanner days, best conversation heard yet: ..."I have issued them a citation for going around the barricade and then getting stuck in the water..."
Idiots.. :roll:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
LOL kinda like here a few days ago. The best cure for idiots is the cost here now. Around $1,000.00 bill for the First Responder/EMS/FD comming out to help you, and the minimum $80.00 bill for the Tow Truck, and ususally the mega smackdown repair bill for repair and clean up if you got in real deep. I remember when I lived in Buncombe County,NC, for the total of 6 years, all the idiots both in the rain, and ice/snow that just had to prove they had no clue how to drive safely, thus giving those of us monitoring hours of laughs. As long as they didn't get hurt/killed, or get someone else hurt/killed. Same for Memphis, Charleston, Jackson, Hot Springs, Rochester....

Last edited by a moderator:

n4yek

I agree, they went out of their way to try and keep you from going into it only to have to risk their life to help you. They should get slammed with huge bills, complain all you want but they tried to warn you and you decided to ignore it.

kel415

Premium Subscriber
Last couple of days have been good scanner days, best conversation heard yet: ..."I have issued them a citation for going around the barricade and then getting stuck in the water..."
Idiots.. :roll:

You are correct on that Danny people got get out just to see how high the water gets.You can watch the news and see them in the camera, they will drive right on in the water. You really got to wonder about some people Checked my rain gauge this morning and was dead on 6 & 3/4in

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Just remember that you can't fix stupid... not even with duct-tape...

jfhtm350

Supposed to rain tomorrow too and change over to snow and maybe some accumulation. Just think if it were all snow. So they say 1 inch of rain equals anywhere from 6.25 to 10-12 inches of snow. 6.25*6.75= 42.1875 inches of snow.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Yeah the rain/snow fun is why we are flooding here. 12 inches of snow melting off plus 3 to 4 inches of rain in this flat area =lot of wetness! Kinda wish it had been a snow event to add to what was down. An inch of rain = roughly 6 inches of wet snow/12 inches of powder. So 12*4+12=60... That would garuntee no drought next summer!

:twisted:

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
They have been writing em tickets up here too Danny for the same thing!! Hope everyone is safe in East TN tonight. Its been nasty here.

n4yek

Hey Donnie, good to hear from you.
Things have been good, officially as of today, since last Sunday evening we have received 8 inches of rain. That's a lot for 5 days, then we received a few inches of snow. It has been interesting, last Sunday we had 73 degrees, then rain, then snow...all in one week.
The old saying is, In Tennessee if you don't like the weather....just wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.