Hello North Mississippi Scanner Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
I had been visting the Southaven are for a few days now, and i am sorry to see that your Radioshack is very scanner Un-friendly!

Hows the Memphis are Radio Shack's hold up as to this store?

bama9999

The Southaven store is where I bought my PRO197 a couple of years ago. They were pretty scanner-friendly then. A few months ago I was going to buy another Pro197 and that was the closest place to me that had one. I checked and they said they did have one, so I made the trip. When I got there and looked at the radio, it was apparently a return and had some kind of issue with the display. Needless to say I didn't buy it, and it was a burnt run.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Back when I lived in Memphis, the one out at the mall was cool... That was a while back so not sure how they are now.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
The one or two shacks I found that were scanner friendly had an employee or manager that happened to be into scanners. They now concentrate mostly on cell phone sales. I mostly go there for parts, adapters, cables, etc. these days, and the employees haven't a clue. I get a kick out of how they pounce on you and offer to help, but when I ask about an item they look at me like I'm speaking a foreign language.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.