Question for the folks near Memphis

Status
Not open for further replies.

bama9999

I have a question about the Desoto MS county system. I posted about it in the MS section, but haven't heard anything about it there, so I thought maybe some of you close to Memphis monitor it and would have some info.

Recently I have been unable to monitor the Desoto county TRS on my BCT15X while using the programming info from here at RR. I've heard it in the past on that same radio, and also in the past using my Pro197, but haven't had a chance to try the Pro197 recently.

As those familiar with the BCT15X know, you can do a custom search for control channel only, and it will lock on the control channel and trunk the Desoto TRS that way, but not when using the programming. Just wondering if anyone knows of any changes that might have been made to that system? I don't think it's something wrong with my radio, because the other two Motorola systems that I sometimes listen to, Tunica county and Lee county MS, both trunk just fine on the BCT15X.

Thanks.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
It has most likely been rebanded. FCC records show three (3) new frequencies

Database entry for that system has been updated with the new frequencies.

Try to reload with Freescan and make sure its programmed as a rebanded system.

Also, please advise us if you hear the control channel on 854.2125, 854.3375, or 854.4625.

Thanks for asking about this!!!

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
As I replied in the MS forum....
There is also this listing for a NEW TRS "For backup dispatching"
WQQC386 (DESOTO COUNTY E911 COMMISSION) FCC Callsign Details

It IS listed as rebanded.
ONLY 3 freqs per site, at EVERY site of the original TRS.

I would hazzard a guess that they have actually added this in as part of the rebanding process.... Try them and see what pops....

If someone can get confirmation that they have indeed added them in the mix and are rebanding the DeSoto TRS, it would be greatly appreciated.. TY in advance.

bama9999

Thanks for the replies. Milf, I created a system on my BCT15X using the three freqs you listed, and named it Desoto backup. I heard absolutely no activity on it. I checked and did not receive a control channel signal on any of those three freqs.

KD4YGG,
When I used the custom search, control channel only feature of the Uniden, it trunked it fine, both as normal and also using a search with a rebanded bandplan. The control freq that it locked in on to trunk using the custom search was 859.7625.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Not sure what the issue is there.... But now of course the next step I hope someone up that way can do is do a Unitrunker or T-88 run on the system and reconfirm everything..... UT, or T-88 should list ALL the freqs pretty quickly and tell you if anything is different...

bama9999

I didn't have it programmed as a re-banded system, as I think that must be a recent thing. Up until recently I had been receiving it fine as a standard Motorola system. I updated my programming to reflect the re-banding and will try it again the next time I'm in the area, but I don't know for sure when that will be.

bama9999

Thanks for the replies. Milf, I created a system on my BCT15X using the three freqs you listed, and named it Desoto backup. I heard absolutely no activity on it. I checked and did not receive a control channel signal on any of those three freqs.

KD4YGG,
When I used the custom search, control channel only feature of the Uniden, it trunked it fine, both as normal and also using a search with a rebanded bandplan. The control freq that it locked in on to trunk using the custom search was 859.7625.

I made a mistake in that post. The freq in the last sentence should have been 860.7625, instead of what I posted. After someone pointed out in the MS forum about that freq, I went back and checked the note I made about what control channel my search was stopping on, and it was indeed 860.7625, so I think I've got it figured out. Thanks to all who posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.