UT LIFESTAR (Knoxville)

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Bj_

Hi everyone what frequency do I program for Lifestar in the northern part of the state. also what is the frequency with the description "200" mean

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone what frequency do I program for Lifestar in the northern part of the state. also what is the frequency with the description "200" mean

Lifestar uses all three frequencies depending on where their flight takes them, so I have all three programmed in. The main one they use the most is the Knoxville repeater, but when they change channels they will say "Chilhowee" or "Chestnut". The Knoxville repeater reaches most areas and is used the most.
The "200" channel is not used much that I can tell, it is more of a backup channel.

jfhtm350

Northeast part of the state is Wings territory although they are sometimes called down this way if Lifestar is busy.

If you scanner accepts DC tones then you would program 3 453.5000 frequencies with the listed tones. If your scanner does not accept DC tones then you will just program 453.5000 once and it will pickup all of the repeaters if they are in range. If I remember correctly they broadcast some digital data or something because you will hear it without the DC codes programmed in.

The "200" frequency always comes in staticky here. I believe that frequency is a repeater at UT so that is why it is staticky to me. Somebody uses it on occasion but really Im not sure if its Lifestar or someone at the hospital talking to someone else. Never paid much attention to that one because of the signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.