Law Enforcement Freq's

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMedcom

Knowing that most law enforcement agencies that are listed on the site within my listening area have now switched over to trunking, or encrypted; I was wondering if anyone knows of any law enforcement dispatch channels that are still on the UHF 400mhz range that can still be heard in the Knoxville area? Just wondering, I am thinking of re-programming my XTS5000. Thanks in advance!

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
As far as I know, Anderson, Jefferson, Hamblen, Campbell, Grainger, Cocke, Union counties are all still using 400. Haven't heard anything about any of those switching to anything else yet.

BMedcom

Great news, thanks for the speedy reply. I noticed that Anderson has 2 different dispatch channels, north and south. Since I am RX'ing only, does it matter which one I use?

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
Since you are just RX'ing I don't think it would matter if you just programmed in the frequency. I have them both programmed in my scanner with the PL's just for accuracy, but it really wouldn't make a difference.

jfhtm350

Grainger Co Sheriff is turbo so cant be monitored with scanner but the others are analog. Sevier Co Sheriff is also turbo in case you didnt know.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
Grainger Co Sheriff is turbo so cant be monitored with scanner but the others are analog. Sevier Co Sheriff is also turbo in case you didnt know.

Well, I missed that when I listed the counties. I just looked at the frequencies and not the mode. Thanks for pointing that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.