Knox Fire Tac02 Blount EMS Dispatch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachgallop

I am starting to hear the normal 154.355 Blount Rural Metro Ems Dipatch on Knox Fire Tac.02 159.150 with the same DCS Code. Does anybody know why?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Possibly some changes to how Rural Metro (AMRs special child) is doing things? Consolidation of resources....? Also may have things to do with the upcoming change for Knox to TACN? (Once they install that shiny new core and convert the Motorola.)

jblackst

Feed Provider
Most likely, something is broken and they haven't been able to fix it. Wouldn't be the first time RM has done that with their PUBLIC SAFETY radio system.

BMedcom

Rural/Metro Blount County has always used Motorola. Many of the mobiles on the medic units are and were Kenwood for years, just like in Knox County, but for years and years Blount R/M was the only operation where R/M used Motorola Radios. When I worked Blount R/M several of the mobile radios were Motorola, and all portable radios were Motorola, up until a few years back they had a lot more EMTs and Medics and ordered a lot of new radios and ordered quite a few of Vertex portables. Knox R/M had been strictly Kenwood both portable and mobile for years. The portables had been in horrible condition for years, they were using and still have some of the TK-370G floating around, and back in 2006 to 2007-ish all the crews literally had to use medical or duct tape just to keep the batteries connected to the radios. Now that AMR is involved Knox is finally going to Motorola, the crews are slowing starting to keep the APX series.

zachgallop

Rural Metro is was originally not supposed to go to TACN along with Rescue due to Budget for Ruarl Metro and the Rescue Squad likes the Volunteers to by there own radio.. Karns already has acess to all three so they were just gonna use both TACN and VHF but I am hearing rumors now that the County is supposedly making Rural metro and rescue go TACN but I don't know how they can force rescue squad I kinda see Metro. Also Supposely to be running encryption but haven't confirmed. Tac 1 4 and 7 will stay up for paging. Rural Metro does have APXS in there new ambulance but I think they are only uhf and vhf capable.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Rural Metro is was originally not supposed to go to TACN along with Rescue due to Budget for Ruarl Metro and the Rescue Squad likes the Volunteers to by there own radio.. Karns already has acess to all three so they were just gonna use both TACN and VHF but I am hearing rumors now that the County is supposedly making Rural metro and rescue go TACN but I don't know how they can force rescue squad I kinda see Metro. Also Supposely to be running encryption but haven't confirmed. Tac 1 4 and 7 will stay up for paging. Rural Metro does have APXS in there new ambulance but I think they are only uhf and vhf capable.

Depending on if they are 7000 series, or 8000. Not to mention they will have ISSI, and hard patches in place to UHF, and VHF for running it all through TACN. If they have the 8000s then they have literally every possible combination for conventional, trunked, analog, and P25. Yes, AMR usually only puts the best in their units, and they are especially proud of Rural Metro as their special child as they added Fire Fighting, and even more Air Medical assets to the AMR family. :)

BMedcom

The only thing I have heard is that RM Knox may go digital. The APX's they are issuning are not capable of the TACN network. Only a few people are getting the higher end APX models, such as EMS 500 (shift supervisors) and even theirs are single band. Most crews are getting the APX 1000. I have the APX4000XE.

Status
Not open for further replies.