GMRS Repeaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber

That site may not work. I've been trying to get to it for a couple of weeks. I can't get past the opening page. There are indications it hasn't been touched in over 2 years.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
That site may not work. I've been trying to get to it for a couple of weeks. I can't get past the opening page. There are indications it hasn't been touched in over 2 years.

AND repeaters that are known to be offline (even for YEARS) are not removed 8-(

Mike

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber

I check the forums there daily. Not always a lot of activity, but just enough to know that it is current.

The issue with their database of GMRS repeaters is that updates have to be done by the owner of the repeater. So stuff gets listed and then never updated or deleted because of lazy owners. The site staff is debating allowing user updates.

I go get a weekly email summary of recent updates to the database so at least some of the owners are keeping their info current.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
The "Latest Update" on the front page is dated Sept. 2, 2015.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
The "Latest Update" on the front page is dated Sept. 2, 2015.
Which is just announcements and enhancements to the database portion of the site.

The FCC ULS is synced with their database of GMRS licensees weekly.

There's really been no need to update the database side of the site, it runs pretty smoothly. The big shortcoming continues to be the lack of updates from the repeater owners after they initially list their system.

That database should be searchable without logging in, but some of the more detailed info on the repeaters is only visible to registered users.

It is what it is. It's not perfect by any means, but there doesn't seem to be a more useful resource for GMRS out there at the moment. Even if another existed, it too would be dependent on updates from owners or others to be highly accurate. Repeaterbook has some GMRS listings, but they are subject to the same issues.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Okay. Anyway, it's pretty much the only thing out there so at it's worst, it's better than nothing but, in fact, maybe it pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.