Marion County Going Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

KF4DKB

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone provide the new Marion County Digital Freqs? The are using Mototrbo with some channels being encrypted and some not.

richard4537312

Premium Subscriber
Go to the FCC Database, and look up WQXM312, Mobile Communications America, Inc. Focus initially on the six frequencies of the Suck Creek Mountain site. I'm working on unravelling the trunking data. Getting limited results with BCD66HP, excellent results with TRX-1.

KF4DKB

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I downloaded new freqs from digitalfrequencysearch.com and now I'm trying to get the trunking layout as well. I have a BCD536HP on the way from Gigaparts to load them into. Ironically, I am a County volunteer and have a new Mototurbo portable at home I listen to, but it is not programmed to scan. The display just shows the channel name, not the freq.

KF4DKB

Premium Subscriber
I am supposed to get a copy of the freq/data for the system from Motorola in a few days. Will share the info with you. Marion County is not happy with the system performance so far. They may have to install another repeater site to cover some dead areas.

djewel6

Update needed for Marion Co TN Wiki

please dont hold it against me if this is the wrong location Ive been looking and cant find a place to post or who to email

Somebody needs to add Jasper Highlands VFR to the Marion County Dept listings in the Wiki Section.. JHFR has been up and running for almost a year.. Currently They have Engine 1, Engine 2, Rescue 1, and a 4th unknown which is I believe a massive 5000gallon Tanker but unknown what is designation is.

Jasper Highlands debuts new, self-manned volunteer fire department | Times Free Press

richard4537312

Premium Subscriber
Presumably the SMR would bear the expense of any required additional sites. If they have contractually obligated themselves to provide communications for Marion County, then it's their responsibility to do whatever is reasonably necessary to perform under their contract.

KF4DKB

Premium Subscriber
Richard, the County 911 Board has had several meetings with Motorola recently and have discovered a software problem with the latest version they're using. All county law enforcement is back on the old analog frequency until they figure it out. Our EMA Disaster 1 & 2 channels are working well though.

KF4DKB

Premium Subscriber
Marion Co. TN Trunking data

Digitalfrequencysearch.com has added the trunking data for Marion Co on their website. It's under Mobile Communications America, Inc.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Is the SMR an Con+ Cap+, Tier 3?

LCNs?

Color Codes?

If it is an Con+ SysID?
Site numbers?
Why is nothing being submitted?

richard4537312

Premium Subscriber
I can receive only the Suck Creek Mountain site here in Bradley County, using my outdoor antenna. I'm working on getting the LCN's using BCD436HP. Definitely a slow process. My TRX-1 has found a couple of talk group IDs. 30 is definitely Marion County Sheriff. 4000 is unknown, but seems to be mix of fire and EMS. They are running about 50% encryption. Not unusual to hear dispatcher in clear, mobile units encrypted. As far as the other sites are concerned, we're going to have to rely on the efforts of some of the guys in Marion County, perhaps west Hamilton County. How about it, guys?

richard4537312

Premium Subscriber
Whenever I monitor this system, I am intermittently getting a display of the uppercase letters CAP in the lower right corner of the BCD436HP display. Although those of us who have purchased Provoice, DMR and NXDN upgrades for this scanner have not seen, and probably will not see, an updated owner's manual, I am assuming CAP stands for Capacity Plus.

I checked my TRX-1 recordings for this system, and they consistently indicate Color Code 5. Most are Slot 2, but a few are Slot 1. I have not read any reviews on how reliably the TRX-1 gathers this information, so the source should be given consideration.

So far, the BCD436HP has found only one LCN. 154.4975 Mhz is LCN 4. Surprisingly, the programming of this one LCN brought them system to life, and I am actually listening to MCSO units involved in a chase into Hamilton County on I-24 as I am typing. No encryption at all today.

BCD436HP Analyze function says Site ID is 0001. System ID remains blank.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Whenever I monitor this system, I am intermittently getting a display of the uppercase letters CAP in the lower right corner of the BCD436HP display. Although those of us who have purchased Provoice, DMR and NXDN upgrades for this scanner have not seen, and probably will not see, an updated owner's manual, I am assuming CAP stands for Capacity Plus.

I checked my TRX-1 recordings for this system, and they consistently indicate Color Code 5. Most are Slot 2, but a few are Slot 1. I have not read any reviews on how reliably the TRX-1 gathers this information, so the source should be given consideration.

So far, the BCD436HP has found only one LCN. 154.4975 Mhz is LCN 4. Surprisingly, the programming of this one LCN brought them system to life, and I am actually listening to MCSO units involved in a chase into Hamilton County on I-24 as I am typing. No encryption at all today.

BCD436HP Analyze function says Site ID is 0001. System ID remains blank.

CAP is Capacity Plus, no SysID on them... Your working out site 1 and have one LCN so far. So it looks like an 2 Site Linked Cap+ VHF. I get to be busy this next week then.. Redoing one TRS here in IN that got messed up, and building this one in the DB. Please do keep us informed so I get this done right. TY!

Updates for the DMR at least are : http://new.marksscanners.com/536/436_536.shtml http://new.marksscanners.com/536/436_536.shtml#understanding dmr
Not updated for NXDN yet

Last edited by a moderator:

richard4537312

Premium Subscriber
Later in the evening, I made some adjustments on my antenna, and got a usable signal off the Dunlap site. As we might expect, Site id is 0002. LCN for 151.865 MHz on Dunlap is 2. Still got dead silence for South Pittsburg, presumable Site 3. Got greedy and put my JIM M-75 preamp in-line. That did bring in a signal from South Pittsburg site, but no usable data.

surfacemount

Knox / Roane / Loudon counties, Tennessee
Richard, the County 911 Board has had several meetings with Motorola recently and have discovered a software problem with the latest version they're using. All county law enforcement is back on the old analog frequency until they figure it out. Our EMA Disaster 1 & 2 channels are working well though.

If, somehow, you could obtain the minutes of the meeting, or any technical information of what the 'problem' is, it might prove useful for others who may wind up following in your jurisdictions' footsteps. Especially what MSI's solution winds up being.

Jmartin62

Marion County DMR

I searched that database and saw 38 frequencies for Mobile Communications America for Marion County. To find this system and program it....would I have to program all 38 freqs into a DMR CAP PLUS system??? Can anybody lend me some help/ advice?? Thanks.

richard4537312

Premium Subscriber
Here's a starting point, the best I can do from my remote location. You Marion County folks take it and run with it from here.

Frequency LCN

Whitwell Site
151.715 1
151.955 2
152.36 unknown, possibly unused
152.9375 unknown, possibly unused
153.4625 3
154.4975 4

Dunlap Site
151.6475 unknown
151.865 2
152.33 unknown
152.9 unknown

South Pittsburg Site
151.55 unknown
151.8575 2
152.3375 3
153.0125 unknown

Talk Groups

30 Marion County Sheriff
31 Marion County, infrequently used, presumed MCSO
39 Marion County, fully encrypted. Presumed to be Fire and EMS. Radio ID’s similar, but not
identical, to MCSO
1 Sequatchie County (Law enforcement, partial encryption)
2 Sequatchie County (Law enforcement, partial encryption)

Status
Not open for further replies.