Memphis Systems Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorman

I haven't listened to Bartlett or DeSoto County systems for awhile. Trying on my PRO-106 with negative results. Hear no control channel on either system. Used to be able to hear them L/C with indoor antenna on radio.

Thanks in advance.

RadioCopFFFR

The Bartlett System is now Phase 2 P25 700 MHz Harris simulcast system. Has very short range. It is mostly encrypted except PD and FD primary.

The Desoto System is also P25 Phase 2 and is completely encrypted from what I am told. I believe it may be tied to the MSWIN system also.

Gatorman

Thanks for your response. Does anyone have the system information for Bartlett. I see that the DB still shows the 800 Mhz freqs. How about Collierville. Can that system be monitored?

Thanks again.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
The Bartlett System is now Phase 2 P25 700 MHz Harris simulcast system. Has very short range. It is mostly encrypted except PD and FD primary.

The Desoto System is also P25 Phase 2 and is completely encrypted from what I am told. I believe it may be tied to the MSWIN system also.

DeSoto Co MS is on the MSWIN using the small 800 MHz simulcast, with plans to Add/Convert the larger simulcast. They are MOSTLY encrypted, with very little in the clear.

Gatorman

Thanks All

Disregard my statement regarding Bartlett DB. I see the new system. Curious as to what radio those of you are using for the Phase II systems in the area. Still using the PRO-106 here.

Thanks again.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Same here when I roll through... BCD436HP for the Simulcasts, Phase II's, and DMR's...

Kiwi77

Premium Subscriber
Using a Whistler TRX-1 (in Bartlett). Receiving BPD fine (most of the time), BFD only being picked on old 154.340 VHF simulcast frequency. TRX-1 shows the "T" and full signal bars on BFD digital talk groups just like BPD, but never get any audio. Scratching head over this one.....

tn4kn

Premium Subscriber
That's funny, I too am using the TRX-1. I live in Lakeland and haven't heard anything from Bartlett since they quit using the old system. THP and the HELP trucks on TEMA work great, but I can't even hear the crickets from Bartlett.

Kiwi77

Premium Subscriber
The Bartlett Police signal doesn't extend much beyond the city limits on the TRX-1. Thinking it has something to do with the P25 V2 system in use. Getting all the Shelby County and Memphis digital systems without any issues.

Thanks for the tip on the THP and HELP truck frequencies!!

tn4kn

Premium Subscriber
Well I’m glad I didn’t dressed down for my mistake. You did realize I meant TACN and not TEMA. OOPS! Because even in West Memphis I get that system loud and clear. II’m going to have to look up how much power the local TACN towers are using, and compare that to Bartlett. Since I spend quite a lot of time in the area of The P.D. but like I said before I receive absolutely nothing on the radio.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Both TACN and Bartlett TRS are licensed for 100 watts but Bartlett (and for that matter TACN) may be using less if the ERP and coverage did not require max to cover their area. Might look and see if anyone did coverage mapping.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
The Bartlett TRS is designed to ONLY cover the primary local Bartlett area. It is very directional. TACN sites are designed for Wide Area Coverage. Both may pump out 100 Watts, but the antenna array is very different. Bartlett's is set up so that it is a very focused directional signal focused on an small area of only a few miles for each site. The TACN sites are omnidirectional to cover 20 or more miles of area in a rough circle of the site.

tn4kn

Premium Subscriber
I had another idea why Bartlett seems to have very little traffic compared to Shelby TRS or that on TACN. If Bartlett has business rules in place requiring their officers to use MDTs rather than making the dispatcher run wants and warrents?

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Could well be. Several agencies around mid-TN encourage the field to do their own if the MDT is working that day and the officer can do so safely.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Must not use InterACT then. LOL If they did you would hear this all day...

Beep! Dispatch could you run the following 27/28 for me, my Interact is down,... Again. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.