Putnam County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mbrowning

Premium Subscriber
just curious as to how a person can get the new updated channels for the Putnam county emergency agencies. Thank you

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Here is a link to the RR page: Link. You may need to be a paying member. Did not see any recent updates that would indicate new frequencies for county. Perhaps are they joining TACN? Putnam has been strong user of DMR so far.

Last edited:

Bob1955

just curious as to how a person can get the new updated channels for the Putnam county emergency agencies. Thank you
Mbrowning, Please log onto www.radioreference.com and click on frequency data base, then click on New York State. You will see the ENTIRE state of NY, then click on Putnam County and you will find everything that you need. Putnam County Sherriff is listed for (2) different frequencies along with that entire area. I live just South of there in Westchester County, NY but did reside in Southeast(Brewster) for a short time and listened to everything. "Some" of these members make SMALL things so complicated that It's crazy. Everything will either go digital or encrypted sooner then later but right now, Putnam County is NOT digital! A simple question that a new member asks becomes a MAJOR with the majority of these members! I don't get it. So with that being said, hope you have a great weekend sir.

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Mbrowning, Please log onto www.radioreference.com and click on frequency data base, then click on New York State. You will see the ENTIRE state of NY, then click on Putnam County and you will find everything that you need. Putnam County Sherriff is listed for (2) different frequencies along with that entire area. I live just South of there in Westchester County, NY but did reside in Southeast(Brewster) for a short time and listened to everything. "Some" of these members make SMALL things so complicated that It's crazy. Everything will either go digital or encrypted sooner then later but right now, Putnam County is NOT digital! A simple question that a new member asks becomes a MAJOR with the majority of these members! I don't get it. So with that being said, hope you have a great weekend sir.
As you can see, the poster asked this question in the Tennessee sub-forum. He is not talking about New York at all.

As can be seen on the database here: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=2498 the majority of communications are indeed on DMR. The TRX-1 should work perfectly fine with these system.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Also look at where the poster is from: Cookeville, which is TN. And also is an DMR heavy area. And the other guy is from Monterey, TN,

Status
Not open for further replies.