TVA Police UHF Frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachgallop

On frequency 406.5125 with NAC 293h I got a quick transmission recorded in Downtown Knoxville. I was thinking TVA Police but they are usually vhf but it sounded like them. It sounded like it had other repeaters like the patched with it. Can anybody confirm who this is? Maybe Knoxville Office Complex Security Linked to VHF.
Dispatch: Go ahead
Unit: Be 10-7
Dispatch: 10 I copy you're 10-7 16:44

Last edited:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Looks like TVA is going P25 at last on the UHF Links They are the only users of that one in the TN area. I would start looking really close at the VHF and see if they flipped it on all of those as they have on a few already.

The old analog for that is From the wiki: 406.5125 103.5 Police Link w/ 169.625
169.6250 103.5 Police Sharps Ridge ?

Good Catch!
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=2063

293 IS one of their NACs.

Oh just because someone else will spank you for it,,... Security & Emergency Management (S&EM)
TVA Security & Emergency Management (S&EM) operate a linked radio system covering the entire TVA service area, for the purpose of the TVA’s Federal Law Enforcement and contract security functions. The system is not encrypted, but has capabilities of being encrypted.

Because we both know someone would have told you that TVA is not Police per say... etc,.. etc.. So there you go. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

zachgallop

They have been running P25 on all their VHF from what I have been seeing and hearing around the Knoxville area. I even found a new TVA Police frequency but I can not seem to find where I put it. It is a NAC of 167 like the FBI. Yes we both know that I still call them TVA Police (old habit). I still consider them Police due to the fact the security contractors are not employed by their agency and they still actually employee Fedral Law Enforcement Inspectors. Their new Ford SUVS still say TVA Police. Most are unmarked.Also I do not know if Chattanooga changed to that only knoxville, I saw you put it for Chattanooga in the Database. Also I am going to start working on DOE Oak Ridge P25 Radio system they put in about a year ago and identify the talkgroups.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.