Jefferson County going Land Air

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachgallop

Just wanted to let you know Jefferson County is going to Land Air Communications Nexedge Trunking system. Agencies are in the process of getting radios from Grants right now. Just like Jefferson City went to in the fall. I do not expect it to take long since the city conversion was quick.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
All Public Safety that is on the LAS NexEDGE TRS are full time encrypted. Have been for like 3 years now. Unless things have been changed big time in the recent past.

zachgallop

This was mainly decided by the new sheriff. They were going to stay conventional analog a while. Then Jefferson City changed and the New sheriff came in. Changed a lot very quickly. It went from they had no plans in the near future to change then it is we are going Land air. My law enforcement source is against the county going to encryption, going to nexedge, and especially getting on land air. Jefferson City Fire and Police have been on it since the Fall. But the fire department seems to have a feed provided by them and their active911 app calls are listed there too on broadcastify. It is sad that they chose this. Honestly, I do not really think encryption is seems to be a choice of the system. I have yet and others to figure out Jefferson City talkgroups. We looked for the relay and the licensing is very confusing for him. We also monitored the sites and can not see it. But yet they are on there. Does anybody know how to get them to confirm they are encrypted? If anybody could help find Jefferson City nexedge stuff, it would be really appreciated.

Last edited:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
I will see what I can find later.. Last time I looked the LAS NexEDGE runs sites from Knoxville, all the way over to Sevier County and had a few in the surrounding areas also.

Status
Not open for further replies.