Bartlett, TN - BCD325P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbts

I've been out of scanning for a little while now and want a new one.

I'm considering buying a BCD325P2 and wondering if anyone else around Bartlett/Shelby County can give me any feedback on how well it works? I intend on using it mainly for Bartlett but will likely use it for Memphis PD/FD and Shelby County SD/FD also.

I appreciate it in advance.

Lifesafer

Premium Subscriber
Bartlett

Hey, I'm also in Bartlett and I have the BCD436HP. I listen to Bartletts P25 alot. The only thing is that with BPD all the cars are encrypted. You can hear dispatch. BFD is open..

Hope this helps

rbts

That saves me some money. Not buying a new scanner after all. Thanks for the reply.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Correct, LE Dispatch is fully in the clear, all other LE TGs are full time encrypted. Fire is fully clear. Plus you want that P2 capability for TACN, and for the not too distant upgrades that Memphis/Shelby County are going to have to do.

n9pna

Premium Subscriber
Fire Dispatch is in the clear. Fireground channels are encrypted. Still a lot of good listening with the dispatch channels.

troymail

Silent Key
Does anyone have any updated info on the Bartlett system? I know there is encryption in use but I am very curious about the documented/posted fire talkgroups which look more like Harris patch TGIDs vs. actual talkgroups. Are these really valid? Are there any talkgroups that are not posted (I'm interested in learning of any other both encrypted or non-encrypted)?

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=9187

I'm just wondering if (any) more information is available but just hasn't been submitted.

Thanks in advance

rbts

RadioCopFFFR, milf and n9pna, thanks for the replies.

Do any of you (or anyone else) have an opinion on if the BCD325P2 is a good radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.