Question About BNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanesFan95

Southwest Airlines is listed as having a handful of conventional frequencies:

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=4801

But based on what I saw/heard there this week, I don't think that's right. A number of their employees were walking around with these two-way radio devices that looked like old flip-phones with digital sounding audio. So, is the database current?

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
SWA does have a lot of chatter, and a lot is DMR. Have not taken time to try and see if trunked or one freq systems.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Most airlines at most airports now run DMR, mostly conventional with a very few Capacity Plus TRS... If they have actual facilities at the airport like hangers with paint and repair facilities etc, they are more likely to have an TRS.

CanesFan95

The devices they were talking on literally looked like old flip-phones from back in the day. The audio sounded digital like DMR, but I couldn't recognize what devices they were using. Hopefully it is DMR and not some other weird mode that can't be monitored.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Not sure what you were seeing but they have a of of chatter that is in the clear, DMR speaking. I usually keep them locked out.

CanesFan95

In that case, an update to the database would be needed. But I'm just a little outta range to listen and figure it all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.