Chattanooga General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagerpuppy

I’m new here and don’t know much! I finally got my BF-F9V2+ and am slowly learning the ins and outs of these radios. I don’t have much time or money to sink into all of this yet, but I hope to get my ham license eventually so I do more than listen! I’m making this thread so people can post about Chattanooga ongoings, hopefully this is how you do that. With the limited range and quality of this Chinese piece, I can only have so much fun with it and right now I’m just running on the FRS band on low power and hopped on the exact freq’s and tones that the BF888s come stock with so I can run simplex with them while messing around at work. I listen to the repeaters we have around here and it’s fun listening. I was also wondering if anyone could answer something about static reception. There is a repeater on 442.650 (W4EDP) and when I sit on that I hear static like it would be a conversion someone is having, but all I hear is static and I what think are roger beeps. Is this a conversation that someone is having but I don’t have a setting right? Or is it something that is advanced past this Baofeng’s capabilities? Thanks in advance, have some Chattanooga area conversations!

ButchGone

Yes, 442.650 is Yaesu Fusion. It is like 442.725 and 145.310 in the Chattanooga area. All three are connected to Wires-X, by default to the America Link but can be connected to other rooms if desired.
BG..

Status
Not open for further replies.