New Dallas Feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fwfdengine2

There are now two scanners for Dallas Fire. One that just covers response channels, and one that covers them but also has Dallas Police. When you hear, "Rescue 35 or Engine 35 responding," don’t you want to know where they're heading?

My question is if anybody is willing to put up a feed that covers the dispatch channel 24/7, only 460.575?
Then you could also have the response channel feed up and never miss a thing!

Any reply is appreciated!
fwfdengine2

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
There are now two scanners for Dallas Fire. One that just covers response channels, and one that covers them but also has Dallas Police. When you hear, "Rescue 35 or Engine 35 responding," don’t you want to know where they're heading?

My question is if anybody is willing to put up a feed that covers the dispatch channel 24/7, only 460.575?
Then you could also have the response channel feed up and never miss a thing!

Any reply is appreciated!
fwfdengine2
The automated dispatch frequency often 'sticks', stuttering the same information repeatedly. It also duplicates itself an awful lot when there is a swap of assigned companies, or a change of status. In just about every case, the apparatus is already either headed out of the station, or the crew has, at least, gotten the details of the run electronically before "Dispatch Debbie" clears her virtual throat. Companies "on the air" (those not in the station) when an assignment is dispatched usually check enroute 10-15 seconds, or more, before the automated dispatch is heard, getting the run via their MDT's. If you want to see who's assigned to what incident, you're better off to use one of the CAD links available online:

Dallas Fire-Rescue Active Incidents

Dallas Fire Rescue Working Incidents

or the "official" one at:
ACTIVE INCIDENTS

Lately, the station dispatch frequency has also had numerous spasms of repeated, brief, activation with a short burst of what sounds like data. Sounds like a repeater malfunction, rather than someone doing it on purpose, because you can also set your watch to the regularity. I've had to either lock it out, or use 'negative delay' on the scanners that support that.

fwfdengine2

Okay, I've been to the Inncident Logs before, in fact I have one up right now. But it would still be nice to hear the dispatch instead of having to look at the log every time you hear someone go enroute.

fwfdengine2

Status
Not open for further replies.