City of McKinney to go P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdwilson

Feed Provider
My contacts a PHI Air Medical were told that the City of McKinney will switching to P25 "any day now". So far, I consider this only a rumor.

I will be meeting with officials on May 4th and 5th will post more definitive information here as I get it.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
It's that age old D/FW territorial mentality. Plano and McKinney want to control their own destiny. I wouldn't expect to ever see these guys share a system. This is one reason D/FW will have the 700 MHz overlay.

Russell

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
It's no rumor. They were supposed to have had this done back in January .

The bad news is that all police TGRPS are going to be encrypted full time, however fire is not.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
McKinney

Nothing new is showing in the FCC database for new frequency assignments, is this really supposed to happen "any day now"?

SCPD

QRT
McKinney

Mike, that's entirely possible but it contradicts the 700MHz buzz on the streets. Then again you and I both know what start's as one plan don't always end up finished the same way. Will be something to watch for though.

musicman476

RR DB Admin
Database Admin
Nothing new is showing in the FCC database for new frequency assignments, is this really supposed to happen "any day now"?

I just had a brief conversation with a contact of mine and learned that the system is installed but not live yet. He targeted a June time frame for it to be online. I hope to catch him again and find out more info, but he did confirm that encryption will be in use...

I'll be interested to hear back from rdwilson to see if he learned anything new over the last few days about this new system.

SCPD

QRT
I just had a brief conversation with a contact of mine and learned that the system is installed but not live yet. He targeted a June time frame for it to be online. I hope to catch him again and find out more info, but he did confirm that encryption will be in use...

I'll be interested to hear back from rdwilson to see if he learned anything new over the last few days about this new system.

Heard pretty much the same. And PD will be encrypted all the way down. Fire so far will remain in the clear. Its going to sukk not hearing MPD anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.