New TGs on TxWARN P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

rb999

Premium Subscriber
I am hearing a few new TG on the Houston Downtown site on the TxWARN P25 system.

I suspect that 1085 and 1095 are both TxDOT. I hear road crew traffic on them and noticed a new TG 1097 for them was just added to the DB. I am not sure what 1428 is.

kayi4cle

Premium Subscriber
Also on Downtown site about a week ago TGID 4025 popped up. It sounded medical, saying something like "skybridge level 4 from main hospital to blue zone; no, make that rose zone." That's the only time I heard it, and it isn't in the database. I kept waiting for it to reappear so I could doublecheck the number, but no luck.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Also on Downtown site about a week ago TGID 4025 popped up. It sounded medical, saying something like "skybridge level 4 from main hospital to blue zone; no, make that rose zone." That's the only time I heard it, and it isn't in the database. I kept waiting for it to reappear so I could doublecheck the number, but no luck.

Ah, yes. You've encountered one of those "one-time-only" TGIDs. I have a ton of those in the quick-save groups on both my 396XT and 996. From the number, it may be some sort of unknown East Texas Medical Center TG.

rb999, I've also picked up 1428 on Brazos County site 122. It was a while ago, and I can't remember what the traffic was about. TxDOT Brenham had come online a few months back, and I wouldn't at all be surprised if more TxDOT districts are migrating to the system.

Has anyone seen these TGs?

Last edited:

Myles

Eric reported on HoustonScan Yahoo Group that TXDOT changed their radios at Transtar to digital Thursday night. Analog use has still been noted. Might be able to hear both talkgroups being used at the same time during the transition. That is how the system is designed, to allow P25 users to be able to talk to Analog users.

ericcarlson

Database Admin
I am hearing a few new TG on the Houston Downtown site on the TxWARN P25 system.

I suspect that 1085 and 1095 are both TxDOT. I hear road crew traffic on them and noticed a new TG 1097 for them was just added to the DB. I am not sure what 1428 is.

1085 is TXDOT Humble
1095 is TXDOT Central Houston
1428 is in a range used by Montgomery County Commissioner Precincts (public works).

Multiply the P25 talkgroup by 16 to get the equivalent talkgroup on the TxWARN Motorola system.

ericcarlson

Database Admin

Now that is interesting. That snippet is almost certainly UT-Houston/MD Anderson Cancer Center. They have their facilities divided into a lot of color coded zones.

Here is what I have; take with a grain of salt...
Blue - Hospital?
Green - Alkek
Purple - Lutheran Pavilion
Silver - George and Cynthia Mitchell Basic Sciences Research Building
Rose - Clark Clinic, 1515 Holcombe
Tan - Clinical Research Building
Yellow - Bates Freeman Building

ericcarlson

Database Admin
Has anyone seen these TGs?

1075 TXDOT
1077 TXDOT
1079 TXDOT
1081 TXDOT
1083 TXDOT
1087 TXDOT
1101 TXDOT
1428 probably Montgomery County Commissioner Precinct
1492 Montgomery County Constable Precinct 5 Supervisors
2357 ?
2396 ?
2515 ?
2708 ?
3917 ?
5149 ?
53715 ?
56528 ?

The last three are interesting because they don't map to a talkgroup on the Motorola system.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
The last three are interesting because they don't map to a talkgroup on the Motorola system.

Actually, 56528 seems to be the exact same TGID as the one that is the unused animal control channel on the Brazos County TRS. 53715 also seems to fall into the TGID pattern for Brazos County.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Actually, 56528 seems to be the exact same TGID as the one that is the unused animal control channel on the Brazos County TRS. 53715 also seems to fall into the TGID pattern for Brazos County.

Those are non-P25 system talkgroups though. Their equivalent on the P25 system would be the analog talkgroup divided by 16. In other words, talkgroup 16000 on an analog or mixed motorola system would be talkgroup 1000 on a P25 system. 53715 would not be a talkgroup anyhow on a mixed system such as Bryan's. If they follow the same pattern of assigning talkgroups to new agencies, Brazos County agencies will get new talkgroups anyhow. Galveston County currently occupies the TxWARN analog talkgroup series that Bryan would match up to.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
All I know is that those two appeared on the TxWARN system at one point and I entered them into the Quick Save Group on my 996T. By the way, can ASTRO systems handle Private Call TGs? If so, I'm wondering if that's what they were.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
All I know is that those two appeared on the TxWARN system at one point and I entered them into the Quick Save Group on my 996T. By the way, can ASTRO systems handle Private Call TGs? If so, I'm wondering if that's what they were.

I wasn't saying that they weren't valid P25 talkgroups, they are. But they don't follow the 16 bit decimal spacing on P25 like they do on analog/mixed. The talkgroups are sequential, since they don't need status bits to differentiate encrypted, emergency, patch, etc. I don't think they allow private call on TxWARN, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. I'm sure one of the few "in the know" posters on here can clarify.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
By the way, can ASTRO systems handle Private Call TGs? If so, I'm wondering if that's what they were.

All P25 systems can, it's part of the protocol. However, as rattler said, it could be enabled/disabled.

My first instinct was to suspect they were private calls. Were only 2 radio ids showing up?

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
All P25 systems can, it's part of the protocol. However, as rattler said, it could be enabled/disabled.

My first instinct was to suspect they were private calls. Were only 2 radio ids showing up?

I don't remember. I think it was one of those TGIDs that only appear once and are never seen again. I think I might have caught it back in March.

I just caught a new mystery TGID: 2516. Again, no traffic, just popped up long enough for me to quick save it. There is also another unidentified TGID I found a while ago: 2515. These seem to fit in with Brenham Public Works (2517), so I think 2515 and 2516 might be new TGIDs for Washington County.

Last edited:

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
I know the PSR-500 can pick up data talkgroups for a split second, long enough for me to push "Stor" if I'm next to it. They never pass audio, and are momentary in nature. I've confirmed this on UniTrunker when these talkgroups pop-up again and pass data transmissions. I have confirmed this on EDACS Std and P25 trunking systems. Maybe the Unidens can also do this?

This doesn't happen every time a data talkgroups appears though, I've only noticed it to be random on the receiver end.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I know the PSR-500 can pick up data talkgroups for a split second, long enough for me to push "Stor" if I'm next to it. They never pass audio, and are momentary in nature. I've confirmed this on UniTrunker when these talkgroups pop-up again and pass data transmissions. I have confirmed this on EDACS Std and P25 trunking systems. Maybe the Unidens can also do this?

This doesn't happen every time a data talkgroups appears though, I've only noticed it to be random on the receiver end.

Well, I don't really use my 500 for trunking anymore, and I'm monitoring the system with my PSR-600, 396XT, and 996T. It's usually either the 396 or 996 that will pick up these TGs. Sometimes, they are known TGIDs, other times not. I got a whole bunch of the new TXDOT TGIDs this way a month or so before they appeared on the DB.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
2516 just came up again. This time, there was voice traffic on it...some guy doing a radio test, but nothing to identify who is using it. It appeared on site 122.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
2516 has been very active since my last post. It seems local to Brazos (or Washington?) county. Again, just test counts and someone saying "radio check". It has appeared on both 122 and 123.

UPDATE: I think I might have just figured it out. They are now doing it on 121. One guy asked how the signal was, and another replied "just fine at the Brenham fire station." Is it the new Brenham Fire channel? Maybe...:)

UPDATE #2: Just heard a Brenham Fire unit checking out for fuel. Therefore, 2516 is Brenham Fire.

Last edited:

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Caught another mystery TGID. 3943, this time. Someone was saying "testing, testing". Caught only once, never appeared again.

Status
Not open for further replies.