FRS/MURS Radio's

Status
Not open for further replies.

thadude

Scenerio: Say wal-mart or my local H-E-B food store used FRS or MURS radio's , these Radios do not require a license grant from the FCC and are available to pretty much everyone to use. What could Law-Enforcment Do about me useing FRS or a MURS radio on Wal-mart or HEB's Daily Operations? What kind of crime if any would that be in the state of tx??

pfish

Premium Subscriber
Why would you want to do that? They are just doing their work. It's not good to interfere.

thadude

Why would i want to do that Hmmmmmmmmmmm ionno maybe poss as a Wal-Mart employee, i dont know maybe apply some black hat skills for Monatary Gain ? Nah im just kiddin, i wouldnt do that. i just wana talk to em, listen to what goes on , aid them in locating shoplifters :) HAHAHAHAHA

n4voxgill

Silent Key
they will not laugh with you. the store will call the police have them give you a trespass warning throw you off the property and put you in jail for trespassing if you ever come there again.

jhooten

If the store feels you are interferring with their operation they could ask you to change channels and not to use the same one they are useing or leave the store. If you then refuse to comply you could be arrested and charged with criminal trespass. Just the same as if you were standing at the magazine rack reading the mags instead of buying them, for example.

DELCOLHFC

thadude said:
Why would i want to do that Hmmmmmmmmmmm ionno maybe poss as a Wal-Mart employee, i dont know maybe apply some black hat skills for Monatary Gain ? Nah im just kiddin, i wouldnt do that. i just wana talk to em, listen to what goes on , aid them in locating shoplifters :) HAHAHAHAHA

Hmmmmmmmmm..........Get a life!

kb5udf

Premium Subscriber
Interference

Most radio services have FCC rules against causing deliberate interference to other users. So if you and I both decide we want to used MURS Ch1., we have to share.

FCC rules, to my understanding are only enforced by feds. But this is not to say the locals can't come up with charges for you along the lines of being a nuisance, disturbing the peace, malicious mischief, etc..

If this is simply an info quest, I won't join the chorus of condemnation. But if you are looking to get even, please go a different route.

thadude

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...... i could say say a few things to your smart ass remark but ill bite my tounge:). and as for you other guys , i appreciate your comments/opinions, greatly take that into consideration with stern seriousnous.

BaLa

what are the chances of them finding out it's YOU doing it?

Also, you wouldn't even need to be on their property in the first place, to listen to/talk to them. If that's what you wanted to do.

I can pick up their (Walmart) MURS radios from my work parking lot, which is a bit away from the Walmart.

Maybe about a 2 mile drive.
And a mile or less 'flight line'

Last edited:

thadude

Ty so much BaLa because thats exactly what i was thinking , thats so true , and its not like local law-enforcment is going to Low Jack onto my signal ,i doubt they could anyways. so in short i could probably Harrass Wal-Mart on regular basis if i so pleased and wanted and would not get caught, i would probably end up speaking to a cop on the FRS/MURS Freq though !!

LarryN

South Texas DB Admin
Premium Subscriber
Isn't it a little fishy that he has been a member since Dec 2003 but has only 31 posts? There was a guy talking about stuff like this a few months ago. He finally p'ed someone off so bad they kicked him off the board. Anyone else remember that jack***. If I remember corectly he was from Texas as well?

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
Wal-Mart can't do anything to you for talking on their MURS/FRS radio unless they have a license, then they could call the FCC on you. I doubt they could even kick you out of Wal-Mart for talking on their radios, since there is no law against it and you really aren't disturbing the peace by talking to them. All they can do is ask nicely for you to get off their channel and if you don't then they can't do much about it except change channels themselves.

N

N_Jay

scanfan03 said:
Wal-Mart can't do anything to you for talking on their MURS/FRS radio unless they have a license, then they could call the FCC on you. I doubt they could even kick you out of Wal-Mart for talking on their radios, since there is no law against it and you really aren't disturbing the peace by talking to them. All they can do is ask nicely for you to get off their channel and if you don't then they can't do much about it except change channels themselves.

Malicious interference is illegal. Superfluous transmissions are illegal.
The fines are $10,000 a day or instance.

Walmart is private property so they can ask you not to do certain things when there and can ask you to leave and can have you arrested if you refuse.

Could you be charged? Definetly.

Is any of this likely? Probabaly not.

thadude

LarryN that sounds very Dale Gribble of you. This is Texas, there are thousands of Scanner and ham enthusiasts in this state , surely 1 quarter of which probably use this website for a reliable resource. ive never abused , slanderd or mistreated anyone in these forums , i have been a fine upstanding member from the start. my post quota is small but only because i read 10x more than i write!! i come here to learn, Not P poeple off.

gvranchosbill

Thatdude;154827 Are you on drugs?

I have women , i have Gold and i have Spices. Will trade Spices for Oxycontin :D but im keeping the women and gold :-\

FYI: Wal-Mart is lisenced to operate on the Blue Dot and the Green Dot Channels, look it up on the FCC Database!

You sound like your a teenage punk on dope that peeps in windows exibiting lewd behavior or you have mental issues with stalking or worse.

In any case, since you have posted your intentions about harrasing people,and are trying to do that job without the fear of a deranged stalker or whatever your mental issue is, if you were to be profiled by a law enforcement agency, they most likley will discuss you at beging of shift breifing.

You better get your act together or somebody might believe your making terrorist threats and turn you in.

What comes around goes around!

My 30 years experience dealing with the public has allowed me to run into individuals exibiting your sterotype behavior, it is not funny in this day and age with terrorist threats against americans anywhere at anytime, grow up!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.