City of Houston Project 25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
The city of Houston, has applied to the FCC for numerous licenses, to construct and operate a wide area radio communications system. This TRS will be a Project 25 multi-site system spread across a large area. More information can be found at the FCC Web site:

Application 1

Application 2

Application 3

Application 4

Application 5

Application 6

Application 7

Application 8

Application 9

73s

Ron

That's been known for a while now. It's going to be a Phase II ASTRO system and will be used by both the Houston Police Department and Houston Fire Department, as well as others.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Good find Ron. Looks like things are moving on schedule. I recall them wanting to have this thing operational in 2013. That is going to be a massive and interesting changeover. I don't know if HPD will know what to do with all the talkgroups they could potentially have.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
It looks like they are going to have multiple simulcast "sites" covering every inch of the city and county. I can't say I have seen something like this yet, it is kind of like cell phone coverage, and with 2 slot TDMA, even a 9 channel site will hold 18 calls at once.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
It looks like they are going to have multiple simulcast "sites" covering every inch of the city and county. I can't say I have seen something like this yet, it is kind of like cell phone coverage, and with 2 slot TDMA, even a 9 channel site will hold 18 calls at once.

I heard this was going to be a massive trunked radio system. I wouldn't be surprised if their were multiple simulcast layers deployed in and around Houston. Once this system is active, it's going to be fun to monitor.

73s

Ron

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I guess I'll have to put a PSR800 on my Christmas Wish List. I was hoping that Uniden would come out with something for Phase II this year, but oh well.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
from RR database
Some talkgroups on this system are using Phase II TDMA modulation which cannot be monitored by any scanner.

Does anyone Know are there ANY sites up and running yet?

I just talked to GRE raj at this time doesnt not know if the PSR 800 will work on a Phase II system, this must be tested and seen.

I heard this was going to be a massive trunked radio system. I wouldn't be surprised if their were multiple simulcast layers deployed in and around Houston. Once this system is active, it's going to be fun to monitor.

73s

Ron

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
from RR database
Some talkgroups on this system are using Phase II TDMA modulation which cannot be monitored by any scanner.

Does anyone Know are there ANY sites up and running yet?

You're looking at the wrong page. The system hasn't even been entered into the DB yet.

ericcarlson

Database Admin
There will be 4 700 MHz simulcast cells, 1 800 MHz public works simulcast and several 700 MHz stand alone sites (generally around the outlying areas of the city). 700 MHz coverage is also required in the downtown tunnel system.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
There will be 4 700 MHz simulcast cells, 1 800 MHz public works simulcast and several 700 MHz stand alone sites (generally around the outlying areas of the city). 700 MHz coverage is also required in the downtown tunnel system.

Massive, no doubt. Wonder what HFD will do with themselves when their 8 channels turn into 80?

wa1emt

Premium Subscriber
oh good god..whats will be next.....and at what cost..they go thru radios like i go thru underwear and cigs...

wa1emt

Premium Subscriber
could someone explaine how the system is failing..cause i dont hear it...
just a little explaination would be good.

grem467

Seriously?! You consider the UHF hpd and hfd systems to be reliable and failure free? Wow. Ok. I hear the techs on their talkgroups running constantly to keep them up.

wa1emt

Premium Subscriber
ok..since you didnt read what i asked...let me draw it in crayon.
since i cant hear what may be wrong with the system, could you tell me what is wrong with it becuse all the comms i heard from there are clear...
Now, do I need to get a ruler and hit you in the hand or can you answer the question.

gjhamilton

You should have heard HFD-A1 today. That was one good example. It was anything but clear. Seems like Hpd-SW bleeds over on everything else.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
ok..since you didnt read what i asked...let me draw it in crayon.
since i cant hear what may be wrong with the system, could you tell me what is wrong with it becuse all the comms i heard from there are clear...
Now, do I need to get a ruler and hit you in the hand or can you answer the question.

Leave the sarcasm and insults out of your posts. There is no need for that here..

Status
Not open for further replies.