Scanning FW via Android phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCarr08

Anyone scanning in Fort Worth area using a scanner app for Android phone? I am currently using "live audio" via radio reference and am only able to get FW Police Disp. Unable to get Fire or EMS. I am thinking of getting an Android phone and am curious if the scanner apps available for Android will pick up the motorla type ii smartnet (which appears to be what Fort Worth & most of Tarrant county uses).

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
If it isnt on the liveaudio section, you likely wont find it on an android app.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
The member previously hosting the Fort Worth FD feed moved to a location that no longer had a 'feed quality' signal (basically, out of range), so it was discontinued. See this thread for a semi-ongoing discussion, trying to find someone to take over providing it. If & when the feed is back on-line, you'll see it listed among the other feeds currently available for Tarrant County.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Anyone scanning in Fort Worth area using a scanner app for Android phone? I am currently using "live audio" via radio reference and am only able to get FW Police Disp. Unable to get Fire or EMS. I am thinking of getting an Android phone and am curious if the scanner apps available for Android will pick up the motorla type ii smartnet (which appears to be what Fort Worth & most of Tarrant county uses).

The Scanner app will get you access to those systems that other scanner users have dedicated a radio to and are providing a feed to the WEB. Some scanner app users on the IOS and ANDROID think their phone is picking up the radio signals directly, THAT IS NOT TRUE. You can hear EDACS, MOTOROLA type 1 and type 2, P25 systems and conventional users.

Status
Not open for further replies.