Johnson County (Texas) P25 700 Mhz system

Status
Not open for further replies.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I wonder if this is a further extension of TxWARN, a separate system or if the Metroplex will be starting something.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
So, I am guessing that this will be another independent system (like White Settlement) but it will be tied into the proposed regional overlay in Tarrant/Dallas counties, or does anyone know yet?

redhelmet13

Have been hearing Johnson County SO on the new FTW P25 system. I suspect an ISSI link from the Johnson County system since the distance from the units to the FTW site is over 25 mile and there are terrain issues etc...

ce2576

Listening to the JoCo P25 system, I have been hearing JoCo SO
on the following talkgroups: 5768 & 5769.

5768 appears to be their dispatch channel. I heard SO units on
5769 identify it as 'Channel 2'

Majority of SO traffic still on their old VHF freq.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Listening to the JoCo P25 system, I have been hearing JoCo SO
on the following talkgroups: 5768 & 5769.

5768 appears to be their dispatch channel. I heard SO units on
5769 identify it as 'Channel 2'

Majority of SO traffic still on their old VHF freq.
Could you go to the Johnson Co. TRS page and submit that information and at the same time provide the SysID and site number and location you are hearing? I was just going to add the TGs you mentioned above but I realized that the information on the system page really hasn't been groomed at all yet. You can help out by starting this. Thanks. :D

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
System Update

Based on some independent information, I have updated several points on the Johnson Co. system and added the two TGs mentioned above. The local admin will note I left a housekeeping submission explaining my actions.

redhelmet13

I going to do my weekly shopping at an HEB in Burleson, I think I will take a drive down towards Cleburne first with the laptop and Pro96Com to do a little data mining... Will have more to report later this evening I hope.

fwradio

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
I have been watching the Fort Worth P25 system for activity, specifically neighbor sites. It is the same system ID and reporting site 6. If figure at some point they will "flip the switch" and connect the two. Once I see that and know for sure, I will move the Johnson County data to the Fort Worth system.

I have Unitrunker set up on a computer at my office near downtown Fort Worth so I should be able to see it as soon as it happens.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I have been watching the Fort Worth P25 system for activity, specifically neighbor sites. It is the same system ID and reporting site 6. If figure at some point they will "flip the switch" and connect the two. Once I see that and know for sure, I will move the Johnson County data to the Fort Worth system.
You're going to have to come up with a better name than Fort Worth for the system. Even they don't call if that in the regional plan.

fwradio

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
You're going to have to come up with a better name than Fort Worth for the system. Even they don't call if that in the regional plan.

True. I will poke around and see if there is an official name for the system. It is in Fort Worth's master plan to have the Johnson County sites be a part of it.

ce2576

Hearing activity on TG 5803. I believe it's Cleburne PD. Didn't hear any unit numbers
but sounded like their officers. Also TG 5804 briefly appeared but no traffic. I'm presuming
it's CPD as well given it's in the same number range as the other.

Tonight I'm hearing Joshua PD on TG 5793. I know it's Joshua PD because of the
unit number that was referred to; 811

Pretty much all of the activity on TG's I'm hearing is just idle chit-chat and radio testing.
Nothing real official sounding. So far the majority of PS here in JoCo are still using their
old VHF frequencies. No complete switch has been made yet. At least from what I'm hearing
on the scanner.

ce2576

Quite interesting listening to TG 5793 tonight. There are 2 CPD officers and 1 Joshua officer
talking back and forth about how great the new system is. They were commenting how well
it works inside buildings. At one point the Joshua officer was on 1187 @ I-35 driving with his
windows open and his transmission was clear as a bell. No background noise at all.

Sounds like they are getting close to completely switching to the new system. The CPD officers
said that they used the new system tonight while working a PR event. Joshua PD used the new
system for a few calls today and JoCo SO gave out hand helds to a few patrol officers to try out.

Damn, I'm so not ready to spend another 400 dollars for a new 'base' scanner! I love my BCT-15,
but it's fixing to go quite pretty soon. In the mean time I have my BC396T until I can come up with
the money for a new 'base' scanner.

jasonsmith559

Receiving issues with Pro 197 and Johnson County P25

Is the Pro 197 not compatible with this new system they are implementing in Johnson county? Every time I receive a transmission it is garbled. My signal shows full but just garbled. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason Smith

fwradio

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
That scanner should work. They may be encrypted. Fort Worth PD has just gone online with their site from this system and they are full-time encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.