Edacs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markef

I am receiving an EDACS system comtrol channel of 855.3375MHZ with control channel display of CTL-02. I have been unable to locate a system in the Burleson County area or any system in the database with this frequency as a control channel. Does anyone have any idea what systen this is?

Markef

I am just surprised that American Electric Power EDACS system could be heard here in Caldwell. I have never heard them before. Thanks

RonnieUSA

I am just surprised that American Electric Power EDACS system could be heard here in Caldwell. I have never heard them before. Thanks
Look at the list, and see if your close to any of the county's or town's listed.
I found one here in Kentucky I didn't know I was near.
Lots of good stuff to listen to in bad weather.
I think I found it, it's just south of You.

108 (6C) Gonzales Gonzales 01 855.18750c 02 855.63750 03 855.91250 04 858.86250

Last edited:

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
My first question is how you knew it was an EDACS system?

Looking at that frequency, I see it's licensed in Burleson County (Snook) for Entergy Services. Looking at their website here, you're right in their coverage area. That frequency is also licensed to them in Grimes County.

We don't have the Entergy system (Type II Moto; here) mapped well.

So, I know it doesn't match up with your EDACS assumption, but are you sure it's an EDACS control channel?

You can listen to a comparison (similar, but not intended to sound indentical), to help you identify them here.

Markef

It is an EDACS system because the mode showed CTL-02. When I plugged the frequencies for the system as listed in radio reference even though it was not shown as a control channel I started to get talk groups for that system. It is wise not to assume that radio reference is always correct. Never assume anything. I have the Entergy system programed in even though not much is heard on this system. Sitting on the highest location in town with a scanner beam antenna when the conditions are right I can hear quiet a bit of long range communications. I was surprised that a 800mhz system from Port Lavaca area could be heard. When the conditions are right anything is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.