Etmc

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrs493

I just got a radio shack pro 106. I am trying to program etmc. But cant figure out what i am doing wrong can you help?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I just got a radio shack pro 106. I am trying to program etmc. But cant figure out what i am doing wrong can you help?
Hi chr493
Welcome to Radio Reference & the Texas Regional Forum.

In your area, as well as in most of East Texas, ETMC is now on this trunked system: Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Project 25 Trunking System, Various, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

Most of the sites on the old ETMC system were either taken down, or were converted to, or replaced by, sites on the TxWARN P25 system linked above.

For your specific county, Upshur, there is a site listed as located at Gilmer. This is a 700MHz site, but your Pro-106 can easily handle that.

Longview and Tyler are also on this same system, though that does not necessarily mean you'd hear their radio traffic on the Gilmer tower. Neither would you hear the agencies in other areas of the state. The explanation for that drifts off the path of your question too much.

There are a number of resources to help you.
Start with GRE/RS Object Oriented Scanners FAQ - The RadioReference Wiki

Also, take a look at Getting Started with your GRE/RS Object Oriented Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki
and
Programming Your Radio Shack Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

There is an "Easier to Read" manual for your scanner here.

(Note, some links are on more than one of the pages I've referenced.)

If you are going to be programming by hand (not using software), see the programming section of the 'Easier to Read' manual, as well as the programming shortcuts page in the Wiki.

If you have (or or planning to buy) the pc interface cable, more on software can be found here: Object Oriented Scanner Software - The RadioReference Wiki

This system can be programmed by hand (you create it as P25 Auto system type), though using software, especially if you have a premium subscription and import the systems & conventional channels of interest, is faster and less frustrating. The biggest advantage of using software, for someone new to different type of scanner, whether it's Object Oriented (GRE/Radio Shack, like your Pro-106) or DMA (used by Uniden), is that you have most, if not all of the information in front of you on the screen, at the same time, instead of stepping through entries on the scanner, one field at a time. This makes it much easier, and quicker, to spot simple entry errors & omissions, and correct them. Also, software allows you to post a problem file, and have someone else take a look, and see if they can spot the issue. Additionally, it enables someone to create a file for you, and email it so that you can get up & running quickly.

Boulder

Champion

Anyone know the frequencies for champion ems?

Champion EMS runs on the Teletouch LTR trunked radio system (which I guess in the database has been renamed as the DFW Communications LTR system). If you are in Big Sandy area, then the closest units to you are Medic 20 & 23 stationed in Hawkins and Holly Lake and they use the Hawkins Tower. The other units that cover Eastern Upshur County like Ore City & Diana use the Daingerfield Tower

You might also possibly get the Longview Tower if you are using an external antenna.

With the LTR systems, keep in mind that while you may hear the dispatchers for Champion talk across multiple towers at the same time, you will only be able to hear the medic units that are using that particular tower you are listening to at that time.

Para078

Premium Subscriber
To listen to Champion on the east end of Kaufman County, preferably Wills Point/Emory, which site would I program?

Boulder

To listen to Champion on the east end of Kaufman County, preferably Wills Point/Emory, which site would I program?

You will want the Wills Point Tower. The Wills Point channel for Champion covers medic units in Van Zandt County and also the medic unit in Rains County.

I'm unsure the unit #'s for Van Zandt County, but I know that Medic 16 is the primary unit for Rains County stationed in Emory.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.