Houston Repeaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

W5JER

Hello all,

I have been living in Houston Texas now for 2 years and just recently got settled down enough to get back into the hobby. I have been recently listening to the Saltgrass Link System. Can anyone in the Houston area recommend any other active repeaters in the Houston area? I am inside the loop in SE Houston.

I used to live in Michigan where I was an active member of the ARPSC and Skywarn. The repeaters were always hot and we had a great group of people.

So far listening in Houston on this repeater, it seems very quiet and I only hear the same 5 or 6 people key up. My gear wont arrive until Jan 4th so until then, all I can do is listen.... and man is it quiet.

Can anyone recommend more active repeaters in this area?

N5AMS

emd001

Glad to hear another operator say that about the saltgrass system, I don't have a radio in the house yet that can get me into that system, but I check in when I'm mobile and sometimes get a response. I have a rig I just bought tonight that Ill use from my house to get into the system and then I will be monitoring more and do my part to keep the repeaters warm.

W5JER

Well if you ever get on there feel free to toss me a call. I'm ususally listening if not on the radio then on one of my 2 scanners or on the RR live feed.

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
Myles' list is the most accurate for greater Houston, although as he pointed out it does have a few errors. The repeater scene in the big city is in a constant state of flux, and the only way to get an accurate handle on what's really going on is to scan every pair in the statewide channel plan.

146.88, 146.92 (Saltgrass), and 146.94 are some of the more active 2-meter repeaters. 440 is a toss-up with a lot of linked systems and AllStar activity. There are a couple of active 220 repeaters with good coverage, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.